    possible, as IIS 6.0 has that http compression utility. Anybody with
    any ideas or suggestions?
    , Mar 2, 2006

  2. McKirahan Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am looking for a way that will allow me create the google sitemap for
    > my website at the click of a button - so that every time i update a
    > page using my (asp) content management system it automatically updates
    > the xml.gz file on the server in turn. I know how to parse the content
    > into an xml file, but despite lengthy searches on the web, I cant find
    > any way of gzipping files using asp, which i thought should be
    > possible, as IIS 6.0 has that http compression utility. Anybody with
    > any ideas or suggestions?

    What is a "google sitemap"? Nevermind, I found it:
    http://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/

    Will this help you "gzip" a file?

    http://www.7-zip.org/

    Welcome to the 7-Zip Home!

    7-Zip is a file archiver with high compression ratio.
    7-Zip is free software distributed under the GNU LGPL.

    The main features of 7-Zip:

    High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression
    7-Zip is free software distributed under the GNU LGPL
    Supported formats:
    Packing / unpacking: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR
    Unpacking only: RAR, CAB, ARJ, LZH, CHM, Z, CPIO, RPM and DEB
    For ZIP and GZIP formats 7-Zip provides compression ratio
    that is 2-10 % better than ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
    Self-extracting capability for 7z format
    Integration with Windows Shell
    Powerful File Manager
    Powerful command line version
    Plugin for FAR Manager