Is it possible to get the name of a function that is passed as anargument?

Adam Lipscombe

Folks

If a function accepts another function as an parameter like this:

function myFunc(func)
{
alert("func = " + func);
}

The alert print the entire function definition.

Is there any way to easily extract just the function name from the func argument?

e.g. "func = function1" instead of "func = function function1() {.....}"

I know one could use string slicing but I wondered if there was a canonical solution?

Thanks - Adam

scripts.contact

Folks

If a function accepts another function as an parameter like this:

function myFunc(func)
{
alert("func = " + func);

}

The alert print the entire function definition.

Is there any way to easily extract just the function name from the func argument?

e.g. "func = function1" instead of "func = function function1() {.....}"

function xxxx (){}

function alertName(func){
var match=func.toString().match(/^[\n\s]*function (.*?)[ \(]/i)
if(match)alert(match[1])
}

alertName(xxxx)

--or you can try something like: