Is it possible to hack *.DLL created from *.VB files ?

Ing. Rajesh Kumar

Hi everybody
I have about 50 code behind *.vb files from which i have created a single
*.dll file. This single *.dll file and all the *.aspx files i will put on a
clients computer. So i just wanted to know if they can hack it ? I know that
there should be a way to hack it but only i want to know if it is simple
enough. I mean if my client's programmer can just go to the web, download
some utility and hack it ?

Thanks in advance
Raja

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Not sure that they can change it with a sector editor and still have it run,
if that's what you mean. You could try changing a single byte of a string
within your DLL and see what happens.

At any rate, they can probably decompile and read your unobfuscated code
with Reflector:

http://www.aisto.com/roeder/DotNet/

Kevin Spencer

It is possible to hack (reverse-engineer) any executable code, whether it's
..Net or machine language.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer