is it possible to improve traceback messages ?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Stef Mientki, Aug 6, 2007.

  1. Stef Mientki

    Stef Mientki Guest

    hello,

    Most of time I get an error message, it is sufficient to solve to problem.
    Sometimes it's not clear to me what the problem is
    like this one:

    N = int (log10(self.Value)) + 1
    TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number

    In order to solve it, in general I put some print statements,
    before the line with the problem,
    printing values and types of all variables.

    I think it would be much more convenient,
    if the traceback or error exception ( don't know how it works exactly),
    would print the type and value of all variables and constants used in the last line.

    Can this be done (in a easy way).

    thanks,
    Stef Mientki

    Stef Mientki, Aug 6, 2007