Is it possible to inherits from SoapException to create custom exception

Ghislain Tanguay

Hi all,

I try to create a class who inherits from SoapException

Public class SoapExceptionTst
inherits SoapException

public sub new (....)

Public property NewProperty as String
Get

End Get

Set

End Set

Then in my serviceWeb I'm able to throw a new SoapExceptionTst but...

sadly, when it arrive in my form in the catch the error always go directly
in the

Catch ex as SoapException!!!!!!

Just before throwing it in my web service I see it's type and it's correct
nut it change on the wire!!!!

Is it possible to inherit from SoapException or not? or maybe I just don't
understand

Dilip Krishnan

Hello Ghislain,

Thats because the SoapExceptiontst always gets serialized to Soapexception
on the wire. Remember in webservice land the client is unaware of the implementation
... just knows the xml messages coming back and forth.
HTH
Regards,
Dilip Krishnan
MCAD, MCSD.net