Is it possible to not render a end tag of a .NET server control ?

Guest

My problem,

I have a custom server control who inherits of a Textbox.

What I can make for dont render the "SelfClosingChars" ("/") ?

Ex: <INPUT .... >

Thanks !

Eric

Alex Homer

Not an answer, more another question...

Why would you want to not include the "/" in the element. If you believe
that the move towards XHTML compliance is right for the future, it should be
included. I haven't come across a browser yet that complains about it. Or do
you have some special requirement?

Guest

Hi Steve,

Thank for your help, but when I use only RenderBeginTag without
RenderEndTag, my control render nonetheless the endtag ???

However when I use "WriteBeginTag" and "Write(HtmlTextWriter.TagRightChar)"
my control render only the ">" without the "/".

Thanks !!

Eric