    3. How to handle the cookie for this new IE window?

    thanks.

    paul
    Paul, Dec 7, 2005

  2. Paul

    Matt Garrish Guest

    "Paul" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hi, greetings,
    >
    > Can I do this using perl?
    >
    > 1. post some data to a specified URL using perl

    See LWP.

    > 2. get the response and open the new IE window to display the response
    > in this new IE window?
    >
    > 3. How to handle the cookie for this new IE window?

    No. Opening windows happens on the client's side. You can post the data to
    the remote server and get back a page and then print that back to the user.
    You can also collect cookies in a cookie jar and probably imitate them when
    you send the page back to the user.

    But all this begs the question of why you aren't just posting to the
    originating server in the first place? Seems like you're up to no good...

    Matt
    Matt Garrish, Dec 7, 2005

  3. Paul wrote:
    > Can I do this using perl?
    >
    > 1. post some data to a specified URL using perl
    >
    > 2. get the response and open the new IE window to display the response
    > in this new IE window?

    Basically yes, but you'd better open the new browser window when making
    the item 1. request.

    However, there is very little about Perl in this. A more appropriate
    group would be comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi. If you'd be a
    first-time poster to that group, please note that you need to approve
    your posting as explained in http://www.thinkspot.net/ciwac/howtopost.html

    And don't forget to research the problem yourself first.

    --
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Dec 7, 2005
  4. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Actually it works like this:

    when I post the data to the server, the server will return a random
    number. I need to decide if I should open a new window based on this
    random number.

    thanks.
    Paul, Dec 7, 2005
  5. Paul wrote:
    [Re: Is it possible to open a new IE window using a perl command?]
    > Can I do this using perl?

    Trivial. You do it exactly the same way you would open any other application
    from Perl, e.g. "system iexplore.exe".

    > 1. post some data to a specified URL using perl
    > 2. get the response and open the new IE window to display the response
    > in this new IE window?
    > 3. How to handle the cookie for this new IE window?

    Oh, you are talking about some odd CGI stuff? Then why don't you ask in a
    newsgroup that actually deals with and cares about CGI?

    jue
    J¨¹rgen Exner, Dec 7, 2005
  6. "Paul" <> wrote in news:1133920525.931139.304820
    @g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Actually it works like this:
    >
    > when I post the data to the server, the server will return a random
    > number. I need to decide if I should open a new window based on this
    > random number.

    But perl is *running on* the server, not on the client's web browser.

    --
    Eric
    Eric J. Roode, Dec 7, 2005