    The text is displayed INSIDE the boarder. But is it possible to make it
    displayed ON the boarder?
    , Oct 5, 2005

  2. Dylan Parry Guest

    Using a pointed stick and pebbles, scraped:

    <snip example/>
    > The text is displayed INSIDE the boarder. But is it possible to make it
    > displayed ON the boarder?

    Negative positioning? You could try "top: -0.5em;" which should move the
    text up by half of its height. Of course, you should give the text a
    background colour otherwise the line will go through it making it hard
    to read.

    --
    Dylan Parry
    Dylan Parry, Oct 5, 2005

  3. wrote:

    > The text is displayed INSIDE the boarder. But is it possible to make it
    > displayed ON the boarder?

    Hello, World!
    ...Need something here for the div to have size or style dims...

    Gave border a color else default is black like your text and would not
    be visible...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Oct 5, 2005
  4. middletree Guest

    In the first place, "border" doesn't have an 'a'. Secondly, perhaps you
    want to use a fieldset with legend. Try this:

    <fieldset>
    <legend>Bob</legend>
    Other stuff
    </fieldset>

    middletree, Oct 5, 2005
  5. Vladdy Guest

    In the first place, stop top-posting [fixed]

    middletree wrote:
    > In the first place, "border" doesn't have an 'a'. Secondly, perhaps you
    > want to use a fieldset with legend. Try this:
    >
    > <fieldset>
    > <legend>Bob</legend>
    > Other stuff
    > </fieldset>

    Second, do not use mark-up for presentational purposes especially when
    equivalent presentation is easy to achieve with simple CSS:
    http://demos.klproductions.com/sandbox/fieldsetlegendlook.html

    --
    Vladdy
    http://www.klproductions.com
    Vladdy, Oct 6, 2005
  6. middletree Guest

    I didn't use markup for presentation. The fieldset/legend combo is a
    legitimate piece of code.
    middletree, Oct 6, 2005
  7. Mark Parnell Guest

    In our last episode, middletree <> pronounced
    to alt.html:

    > I didn't use markup for presentation.

    You chose the fieldset and legend elements because of the way they are
    commonly presented on screen, not because they are semantically correct
    in the context under discussion.

    > The fieldset/legend combo is a
    > legitimate piece of code.

    For groups of form controls and their labels, yes.

    BTW: Please quote the relevant parts of the message you are replying to.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Oct 6, 2005