Is it possible to produce spider plots?

dp_pearce

I want to be able to use Python to produce Spider plots (perhaps you
know them as radar plots or star plots). Does anyone know how to
achieve this? Are there existing libraries?

Direction to any examples, especially those with tutorials, would be
greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dan

http://www.answers.com/topic/spider-plot

Robin Becker

dp_pearce said:
I want to be able to use Python to produce Spider plots (perhaps you
know them as radar plots or star plots). Does anyone know how to
achieve this? Are there existing libraries?

Direction to any examples, especially those with tutorials, would be
greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
reportlab has a spider chart in reportlab/graphics/charts/spider.py

jkn

I want to be able to use Python to produce Spider plots (perhaps you
know them as radar plots or star plots). Does anyone know how to
achieve this? Are there existing libraries?

The 'wxPython in Action' book has some simple example code which
produces this sort of graphic. If you are after a GUI application
rather than creating a paper copy it might be worth checking this out.

HTH
J^n

Devon_Dan

reportlab has a spider chart in reportlab/graphics/charts/spider.py

Both exactly what I was after. Thanks very much.
The 'wxPython in Action' book has some simple example code which
produces this sort of graphic. If you are after a GUI application
rather than creating a paper copy it might be worth checking this out.

Thanks for this one jkn. I actually have this book and went through it
looking to see if it had an answer before posting. Completely missed
it! Clearly I need to RTFM more closely next time.