    Cheers,
    Dan

    http://www.answers.com/topic/spider-plot

    dp_pearce, Aug 5, 2009

  2. dp_pearce

    Robin Becker Guest

    dp_pearce wrote:
    > I want to be able to use Python to produce Spider plots (perhaps you
    > know them as radar plots or star plots). Does anyone know how to
    > achieve this? Are there existing libraries?
    >
    > Direction to any examples, especially those with tutorials, would be
    > greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Cheers,

    reportlab has a spider chart in reportlab/graphics/charts/spider.py

    --
    Robin Becker

    Robin Becker, Aug 5, 2009

  3. dp_pearce

    jkn Guest

    On Aug 5, 3:51 pm, dp_pearce <> wrote:
    > I want to be able to use Python to produce Spider plots (perhaps you
    > know them as radar plots or star plots). Does anyone know how to
    > achieve this? Are there existing libraries?

    The 'wxPython in Action' book has some simple example code which
    produces this sort of graphic. If you are after a GUI application
    rather than creating a paper copy it might be worth checking this out.

    HTH
    J^n

    jkn, Aug 5, 2009
  4. Mark Lawrence, Aug 5, 2009
  5. dp_pearce

    Devon_Dan Guest

    > reportlab has a spider chart in reportlab/graphics/charts/spider.py

    > How about
    > http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/examples/api/radar_chart.html?highl...

    Both exactly what I was after. Thanks very much.

    > The 'wxPython in Action' book has some simple example code which
    > produces this sort of graphic. If you are after a GUI application
    > rather than creating a paper copy it might be worth checking this out.

    Thanks for this one jkn. I actually have this book and went through it
    looking to see if it had an answer before posting. Completely missed
    it! Clearly I need to RTFM more closely next time.

    Devon_Dan, Aug 5, 2009