    access this file?

    --
    ..: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :.
    Hongyi Zhao, Feb 20, 2009

  2. Hongyi Zhao

    ElChino Guest

    "Hongyi Zhao" <> wrote:

    > Suppose a file named file.pdf stored in the following web location:
    >
    > http://some_domain/path/to/file.pdf
    >
    > Where, the *some_domain* is a name-based virtual host. In this case,
    > is it possible to set a ddns hostname, say through
    > http://www.changeip.net/, without using *some_domain* itself, to
    > access this file?

    I think it's possible with the DynDNS.com service and a Web-server
    at your end (IIS or Apache). Take a look at

    https://www.dyndns.com/support/kb/virtual_hosting_with_internet_information_services_iis.html
    https://www.dyndns.com/support/kb/virtual_hosting_with_apache.html

    In my case, I can access http://*sensored*.homeip.net/path/to/file.pdf

    (was this a a trick question?)