    class. So is
    it possible with Sql Reporting Services ?

    Thanks

    Oney, Nov 11, 2004

  2. Oney

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi Oney:

    Yes, you'll have to build a data processing extension (DPE). Christa C
    has an article on this very subject:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/sql/default.aspx?pull=/library/en-us/dnsql2k/html/rsdsetex3.asp

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/

    Scott Allen, Nov 11, 2004

  3. Oney

    Oney Guest

    I read that article and done it but on the report project on Shared
    Data Source window, "DataSet Data Extension" Type doesn't appear!

    I compiled the the project and paste ReportServer bin folder and
    ReportDesigner bin folder. After I added RSReportServer.config file

    <Extension Name="DataSet"
    Type="Microsoft.Samples.ReportingServices.DataSetExtension.DSXConnection,RSCustomData"> <Configuration> <XSDConfiguration><XSDFile>C:\Customer.xsd</XSDFile> </XSDConfiguration></Configuration></Extension>
    in Data tag

    then i added to RSReportDesigner.config file
    <Extension Name="DataSet"
    Type="Microsoft.ReportDesigner.Design.GenericQueryDesigner,Microsoft.ReportingServices.Designer"/>

    in data tag and designer tag

    atfer that

    I added rspreviewpolicy.config file in ReportDesigner and ReportServer

    <CodeGroup class="UnionCodeGroup"
    version="1"
    PermissionSetName="FullTrust"
    Name="DataSetExtensionGroup"
    Description="This code group grants data extensions full trust.">
    <IMembershipCondition
    class="UrlMembershipCondition"
    version="1"
    Url="C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting
    Services\ReportServer\bin\RSCustomData.dll"
    />
    </CodeGroup>

    what is wrong ?

    C:\Customer.xsd is exist

    by the way I use evaluation version

    Oney, Nov 12, 2004
  4. Oney

    Scott Allen Guest

    Hi Oney:

    It sounds as if you have done everything correctly. You might want to
    check the report server log files to see if they indicate any errors
    or problems.

    One thing I've always had to double and triple check are the policy
    files. Did you put the new CodeGroup just after the CodeGen membership
    group?

    Scott Allen, Nov 12, 2004