Is it possible to use Dataset with Sql Reporting Services ?

Oney

Sql Reporting Services uses sql command and stored procedures to
prepare report. but I need to use dataset to manipulate data in a
class. So is
it possible with Sql Reporting Services ?

Thanks

Oney

I read that article and done it but on the report project on Shared
Data Source window, "DataSet Data Extension" Type doesn't appear!

I compiled the the project and paste ReportServer bin folder and
ReportDesigner bin folder. After I added RSReportServer.config file

<Extension Name="DataSet"
Type="Microsoft.Samples.ReportingServices.DataSetExtension.DSXConnection,RSCustomData"> <Configuration> <XSDConfiguration><XSDFile>C:\Customer.xsd</XSDFile> </XSDConfiguration></Configuration></Extension>
in Data tag

then i added to RSReportDesigner.config file
<Extension Name="DataSet"
Type="Microsoft.ReportDesigner.Design.GenericQueryDesigner,Microsoft.ReportingServices.Designer"/>

in data tag and designer tag

atfer that

I added rspreviewpolicy.config file in ReportDesigner and ReportServer

<CodeGroup class="UnionCodeGroup"
version="1"
PermissionSetName="FullTrust"
Name="DataSetExtensionGroup"
Description="This code group grants data extensions full trust.">
<IMembershipCondition
class="UrlMembershipCondition"
version="1"
Url="C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Reporting
Services\ReportServer\bin\RSCustomData.dll"
/>
</CodeGroup>

what is wrong ?

C:\Customer.xsd is exist

by the way I use evaluation version

Scott Allen

Hi Oney:

It sounds as if you have done everything correctly. You might want to
check the report server log files to see if they indicate any errors
or problems.

One thing I've always had to double and triple check are the policy
files. Did you put the new CodeGroup just after the CodeGen membership
group?