Is it possible to use Design patterns in Javascript?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Just2Click, Feb 29, 2004.

  1. Just2Click

    Just2Click Guest

    Hello, I'm trying to port some older OCX design into
    JavaScript/HTML/VBScript.
    Part of the code is alreay completed and consists of some custom
    objects that have some hirarcy (I have a main field object that all
    other field types inhert from).

    My problem arises when I'm trying to use these objects within a Modal
    window.
    For some reason the objects that I try to use doesn't seem to work
    properly (they keep on ignoring any instructions to draw themselves on
    the dialog or to return values), hence, currently I'm forced to create
    a local object on the modal dialog and replicate the data from the
    calling module.
    I could have lived with creating another object if I had a way of
    having a factory that will give me the exact type of field that I
    need. To make things even worse, If I need more than one object of a
    type on the dialog I have to create as many new objects of the same
    type as I need.
    I currently use a huge switch ... case block to create these local
    objects and I'm trying to eliminate both the switch and the multiple
    creation.

    Thanks in advance for every idea, sample, thought or sympathy :)
    Just2Click, Feb 29, 2004