    BRGDS
    Martin W. Larsen

    , Feb 25, 2005

  2. Re: Is it possible to use uniqueidentifier in a web service typeDatas

    wrote:
    > I have made a web service that returns a typed dataset that includes a
    > uniqueidentifier field. When I import this web service into visual studio
    > using add reference I get the following error: Custom tool error: Failed to
    > generate dataset. Undefined data type: 'anyType'.
    >
    > Is there anyway way to make this work ?
    >

    > BRGDS
    > Martin W. Larsen

    Martin,
    The only way I can think of is to not use typed dataset. You're
    running to this problem possibly because something in the typed dataset
    is not xml serializable

    --
    HTH
    Regards,

    Dilip Krishnan, Feb 25, 2005

  3. M.Posseth Guest

    The XML anytype is normally used for the .Net Object datatype

    --
    Met vriendelijke groet
    Kind regards,

    Michel Posseth
    Software Developer
    Microsoft Certified Professional

    M.Posseth, Feb 28, 2005

    Re: Is it possible to use uniqueidentifier in a web service type D

    Hi,

    I know but it does not work when I have a dataset that includes a table with
    a uniqueidentifier field. The xsd for the dataset looks like this:

    <xs:element name="TestWeb">
    <xs:complexType>
    <xs:sequence>
    <xs:element name="ID" type="xs:int" />
    <xs:element name="Text1" type="xs:string" />
    <xs:element name="Text2" type="xs:string" />
    <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="Test3" type="xs:string" />
    <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="Text4" type="xs:string" />
    <xs:element msdata:DataType="System.Guid, mscorlib,
    Version=2.0.3600.0, Culture=neutral,
    PubicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" minOccurs="0" name="Testuni"
    type="xs:anyType" />
    </xs:sequence>
    </xs:complexType>
    </xs:element>

    If I remove the uniqueidentifier field from the dataadaptor and re-generate
    the dataset everything works. And I can refrence the web service with a
    uniqueidentifier field from vs 2005 without any problem. I have also tried to
    import the web service to a different mashine with VS2003 and have the same
    problem.

    "M.Posseth" wrote:

    > The XML anytype is normally used for the .Net Object datatype
    >

    > --
    > Met vriendelijke groet
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Michel Posseth
    > Software Developer
    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    > > I have made a web service that returns a typed dataset that includes a
    > > uniqueidentifier field. When I import this web service into visual studio
    > > using add reference I get the following error: Custom tool error: Failed

    > > generate dataset. Undefined data type: 'anyType'.
    > >
    > > Is there anyway way to make this work ?
    > >

    > > BRGDS
    > > Martin W. Larsen

    , Feb 28, 2005

    Re: Is it possible to use uniqueidentifier in a web service type D

    I have tried that to but as soon the program calls the webservice it throws
    an exception about the anytype.

    As anyone gotten a dataset with a Guid Field working from a webservice using
    VS 2003?

    Thanks
    Martin

    "Dilip Krishnan" wrote:

    > wrote:
    > > I have made a web service that returns a typed dataset that includes a
    > > uniqueidentifier field. When I import this web service into visual studio
    > > using add reference I get the following error: Custom tool error: Failed to
    > > generate dataset. Undefined data type: 'anyType'.
    > >
    > > Is there anyway way to make this work ?
    > >

    > > BRGDS
    > > Martin W. Larsen
    > >

    > Martin,
    > The only way I can think of is to not use typed dataset. You're
    > running to this problem possibly because something in the typed dataset
    > is not xml serializable
    >
    > --
    > HTH
    > Regards,
    > Dilip Krishnan
    > MCAD, MCSD.net
    > dkrishnan at geniant dot com
    > http://www.geniant.com

    , Feb 28, 2005
  6. [MSFT] Guest

    Re: Is it possible to use uniqueidentifier in a web service type D

    Hell Martin,

    I have replied your question in another thread. Please refer to that.

    Thanks,

    Luke

    [MSFT], Mar 2, 2005