Is it supported to render a ASP.NET user control in Excel

Sekhar

I have a user control with a datagrid and few other information on
title and summary. Will I be able to render this control on a Excel
(Meaning Export to Excel) - just like the way we do for the datagrid?

Thanks in advance.

Sekhar.

Craig Deelsnyder

Sekhar said:
I have a user control with a datagrid and few other information on
title and summary. Will I be able to render this control on a Excel
(Meaning Export to Excel) - just like the way we do for the datagrid?

Thanks in advance.

Sekhar.

AFAIK, yes, as the HTML is rendered and outputted for the export (it's a
HTML to Excel transformation). So any HTML (as long as Excel handles it
correctly) should work...so you may need to tweak your HTML to give
Excel some tabular layout it likes...