Is it timeout problem?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Sunshiner1, Apr 7, 2005.

  1. Sunshiner1

    Sunshiner1 Guest

    I have a web-based application
    > using ASP pages and creating a lot of .pdf files in a loop. When the
    > application runs after 1 or 2 minutes I am getting the window with the error
    > message : '404 Not Found - The requested item could not be located. (12028)
    > Internet Security and Acceleration Server', but the back-end is still
    > running and finishes creation of all .pdf files. I found out that the
    > solution may be to slow down threading process? I am working with traditional
    > ASP pages not .NET or JAVA script. So I am wondering if there is any solution
    > in my case?

    Thanks in advance!

    Sunshiner1, Apr 7, 2005

  2. Sunshiner1

    Agoston Bejo Guest

    Well, it may be that while creating the pdf files, no answer goes from the
    server to the browser.
    Try putting something to the Response while creating those files. (E.g.
    between every creation or better yet now and then during creation.)

    Are these files then put on the server or sent to the client somehow?

    I did something similar in ASP where there were a lot of data to be
    processed, but I was constantly putting diagnostics messages to Response. It
    took more than an hour but no timeout occured. (That was with IE, I don't
    have any idea how other browsers may handle this.)

    Agoston Bejo, Apr 8, 2005

  3. Sunshiner1

    Sunshiner1 Guest

    Thank you "Agoston Bejo" .
    I use IE and I put Response iside the loop.I don't see any response when the
    program runs.Nothing changed. I am still getting the error.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks!

    Sunshiner1, Apr 8, 2005
  4. Sunshiner1

    Mark Schupp Guest

    add response.flush after each response.write

    Also, your error message indicates that you are going through ISA server.
    There may be some settings in there that are causing the problem.

    --
    --Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Apr 8, 2005
  5. Sunshiner1

    Sunshiner1 Guest

    Could let me what settings?

    Sunshiner1, Apr 8, 2005
  6. Sunshiner1

    Mark Schupp Guest

    I am not familiar with ISA server other than to know that it exists. You
    will have to check the documentation.

    --
    --Mark Schupp
    Head of Development