    If anyone has any input please let me know.

    TIA,
    Jon

    Jon Turlington, Dec 6, 2005

  2. Jon Turlington

    Guest

    I can understand why you would want to do this, but I personally would
    be leary of trusting any executable that would try to do these
    functionalities from a website.

    You can do a signed java applet that you could get the user to accept
    to do some of these tasks.. But most modern browsers have simple
    utilities inside of them to handle them.

    I would look at providing excellent documentation on how to do these
    tasks rather than actually performing it for them.

    my 2 cents,

    http://www.binaryfrost.com

    , Dec 6, 2005

  3. Jon Turlington

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 6 Dec 2005 10:54:06 -0800, "Jon Turlington" <>

    >I am trying to write a series of fixes for customers on our website. I
    >want it to do things like clear temp. internet files, delete cookies,
    >setup outlook express(with ins file), and a series of other easy fixes,
    >but I am unsure of what language can handle it and what language can
    >handle it best. I have seen Time Warner does have a series of these
    >fixes on their site and I am trying to mimic something of that nature.
    >If anyone has any input please let me know.

    Clear temp files is easily done in Java. Prototype source code for
    that below: If you need to poke the registry, you will need some JNI
    to do that in Java.

    If most of the work involve the Windows API, You might as well use C++
    to start.

    package com.mindprod.batik;
    import java.io.File;
    import java.io.FilenameFilter;
    import java.io.IOException;
    import java.util.Arrays;
    import java.util.HashSet;

    /**
    * Accept only Directories to be processed, reject files.
    */
    class DirFilter implements FilenameFilter

    {

    /**
    * Directories to be left untouched.
    */
    private HashSet<String> mAvoidDirs;

    /**
    * Accept only directories to be processed.
    *
    * @param pDir
    * the directory in which the dir/file was found.
    * @param pName
    * the name of the dir/file
    * @return true if and only if the name should be included in the
    list;
    * false otherwise.
    */
    public boolean accept ( File pDir, String pName )
    {
    try
    {
    File aFile = new File( pDir, pName );
    if ( !aFile.isDirectory() ) return false;
    String aDirname = aFile.getCanonicalPath().toLowerCase();
    return !mAvoidDirs.contains( aDirname );
    }
    catch ( IOException e )
    {
    return false;

    /**
    * Defines which directories should be left untouched.
    *
    * @param pAvoidDirs
    * Array of strings defining the fully qualified
    directories to be
    * left untouched.
    */

    DirFilter( String[] pAvoidDirs )
    {
    // build HashSet containing list dirs to avoid.
    // effectively just mAvoidDirs = new HashSet( Arrays.asList(
    pAvoidDirs ) );
    mAvoidDirs = new HashSet<String>( pAvoidDirs.length );

    for ( int i = 0; i < pAvoidDirs.length; i++ )
    {
    String aDirname = pAvoidDirs[ i ];
    try
    {
    File aFile = new File( aDirname );
    aDirname = aFile.getCanonicalPath().toLowerCase();
    if ( aFile.exists() )
    {
    System.out.println( "Avoiding directory " + aDirname
    );
    mAvoidDirs.add( aDirname );

    catch ( IOException e )
    {
    throw new IllegalArgumentException( "invalid directory
    name "
    + pAvoidDirs[ i ] );

    } // end class DirFilter

    /**
    * accept only junk files
    */
    class JunkFilter implements FilenameFilter {

    /**
    * Extension to be deleted, stored in lower case.
    */
    private HashSet<String> mJunkExtensions;

    /**
    * filenames to be deleted, in lower case.
    */
    private HashSet<String> mJunkFilenames;

    /**
    * Accept only junk files to be deleted.
    *
    * @param pDir
    * the directory in which the file was found.
    * @param pName
    * the name of the file
    * @return true if and only if the name should be included in the
    file list;
    * false otherwise.
    */
    public boolean accept ( File pDir, String pName )
    {
    if ( pDir == null || pName == null ) return false;
    if ( new File( pDir, pName ).isDirectory() ) return false;
    String filename = pName;
    String extension = "";
    int whereDot = pName.lastIndexOf( '.' );

    if ( 0 < whereDot && whereDot <= pName.length() - 2 )
    {
    extension = pName.substring( whereDot + 1 ).toLowerCase();
    }
    if ( 1 < whereDot )
    {
    filename = pName.substring( 0, whereDot ).toLowerCase();
    }

    // test extensions first as it is more likely to be true
    return ( mJunkExtensions.contains( extension ) ||
    mJunkFilenames
    .contains( filename ) );
    }

    /**
    * Defines which filenames and extensions are considered junk, to
    be
    * deleted.
    *
    * @param pJunkFilenames
    * Array of strings defining the unqualified, extensionless
    filenames
    * considered junk.
    * @param pJunkExtensions
    * Array of strings defining unqualified, dotless filename
    extensions
    * considered junk.
    */
    JunkFilter( String[] pJunkFilenames, String[] pJunkExtensions )
    {
    /* build HashSets containing lists of junk filenames and
    extensions */
    mJunkFilenames = new HashSet<String>( Arrays.asList(
    pJunkFilenames ) );
    mJunkExtensions = new HashSet<String>( Arrays.asList(
    pJunkExtensions ) );
    }
    } // end class JunkFilter

    /**
    * <pre>
    * Batik file deleter Batik is a skeleton program for writing
    command line
    * scripts, primarily to delete files. Unfortunately Java has no
    support for
    * file attributes. Java seems to treat hidden files as if they
    were not hidden.
    *
    * @author copyright (c) 1999-2005 Roedy Green, Canadian Mind
    Products Shareware
    * that may be copied and used freely for any purpose but
    military.
    *
    * Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    * #327 - 964 Heywood Avenue
    * Victoria, BC Canada
    * V8V 2Y5 tel: (250) 361-9093
    *
    * mailto:
    * http://mindprod.com
    *
    *
    * Futures: - fast file copy and xcopy
    *
    * copy to A: that checks sufficient space before doing
    all the work.
    *
    * - design so that your script is an extension of the
    Batik class, rather than built-in
    * to it.
    *
    * - check status of spawned commands. - check status of
    various
    * file commands, invent an exception
    *
    * Version 1.0 1998 August 18
    *
    * Version 1.1 2001 March 1 : redo with FilenameFilter
    logic
    *
    * Version 1.2 2001 March 13: clean up JavaDoc add support
    for avoidDirs.
    *
    * Version 1.3 2002 March 11: add more dirs to clean, NT
    -&gt; W2K
    *
    * Version 1.4 2005-06-17: stomp style bat files.
    * </pre>
    */

    public class Batik {

    /**
    * In debug mode, no files are actually deleted. Best to test your
    changes
    * in debug mode first.
    */
    private static final boolean DEBUGGING = false;

    // You might want to configure these constants:

    /**
    * exec command to invoke NT command processor customised for my
    machine.
    */
    private static String invokeCmd = "cmd /E:1900 /C ";

    /**
    * exec command to invoke Windows Command processor, customised
    for my
    * machine.
    */
    private static String invokeCommand = "command /E:1900 /C ";

    /**
    * exec command to invoke 4DOS customised for my machine.
    */
    private static String invokeForDOS = "C:\\4DOS\\4DOS601.COM
    /E:1900 /C ";

    /**
    * exec command to invoke 4NT customised for my machine.
    */
    private static String invokeForNT = "C:\\4NT401\\4NT.EXE /E:1900
    /C ";

    /**
    * The shell I am using right now, namely 4NT.
    */
    private static String invokeShell = invokeForNT;

    /**
    * FilenameFilter that accepts only directories to process.
    */
    private static DirFilter mDirFilter = new DirFilter( new String[]
    {} );

    /**
    * FilenameFilter that accepts only junk files to be deleted.
    */
    private static JunkFilter mJunkFilter = new JunkFilter( new
    String[] {},
    new String[] {} );

    /**
    * Defines which directories should be left untouched. Stays in
    effect until
    * you redefine it.
    *
    * @param pAvoidDirs
    * Array of strings defining the fully qualified
    directories to be
    * left untouched. Directory Strings must be lower case.
    */
    public static void avoidDirs ( String[] pAvoidDirs )
    {
    mDirFilter = new DirFilter( pAvoidDirs );
    }

    // code from here on, you probably won't need to change.

    /**
    * CUSTOM Script to clean all my drives of junk, as defined by me.
    You would
    * modify this script section to suit your machine and recompile.
    I repeat,
    * you need to extensively modify this for your own use!!
    */
    public static void cleanAllGeneva ()
    {

    // define directories I want left untouched. There is no point
    is
    // combing
    // jdk for trash. There won't be any.
    avoidDirs( new String[] {
    "c:/windows/system32"
    } );

    try
    {
    // Do special clearing first, wiping various temp
    directories of
    // all files and subdirs.
    // None of these methods will remove read-only or system
    files,
    // but they will remove hidden files.

    System.out.println();
    System.out.println( "Clearing temp and cache
    directories..." );

    // Some of these directories are hidden, but we can delete
    contents
    // anyway
    deleteDirContents(
    new File( "c:/program files/cast/bobby3.2/tmp" ), true
    );
    deleteDirContents(
    new File(
    "c:/program files/Common Files/Adobe/Picture CD
    Catlogs/temp" ),
    true );
    deleteDirContents( new File( "c:/program
    files/Gnotella/temp" ),
    true );
    deleteDirContents( new File( "c:/program files/juno/tmp"
    ), true );
    deleteDirContents( new File(
    "c:/program files/Music Match/Music Match/Jukebox
    4/TEMP" ),
    true );
    deleteDirContents( new File(
    "c:/program files/netscape/users/geni/cache" ), true
    );
    deleteDirContents( new File(
    "c:/program files/Qualcomm/Eudora/plugins/Esp/Temp" ),
    true );
    deleteDirContents( new File(
    "c:/program files/Real/RealJukebox/temp" ), true );
    deleteDirContents( new File( "c:/temp" ), true );
    deleteDirContents( new File( "c:/tmp" ), true );
    deleteDirContents( new File( "c:/WINDOWS/TEMP" ), true );

    }
    catch ( Exception e )
    {
    java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().beep();
    System.out.println( "Problem clearing temp directories."
    );
    System.out.println( e );
    e.printStackTrace();
    }
    try
    {
    // clear junk extensions
    System.out.println();
    System.out.println( "clearing chkdsk remnants" );

    // Wipe out files of form temp.* temp1.* and temp2.*,
    // e.g. temp.txt temp1.dat temp2. but not template.txt.
    // Wipe out files of form *.chk, *.s_dd
    junk( new String[] {
    "temp",
    "temp1",
    "temp2"
    }, new String[] {
    "chk",
    "s_dd"
    } );

    System.out
    .println( "clearing C drive of temp?.*, *.bak, *.tmp,
    *.temp" );

    junk( new String[] {
    "temp",
    "temp1",
    "temp2"
    }, new String[] {
    "bak",
    "tmp",
    "temp"
    } );

    cleanDrives( new char[] {
    'c'
    } );

    System.out.println();
    }
    catch ( Exception e )
    {
    java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().beep();
    System.out.println( "Problem removing junk files from C:."
    );
    System.out.println( e );
    e.printStackTrace();
    }
    try
    {
    // rebuild 4NT quick directory index
    System.out.println();
    System.out.println( "rebuilding 4DOS directory..." );
    forDOS( "CDD /S" );
    }
    catch ( Exception e )
    {
    java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().beep();
    System.out.println( "Problem rebuilding 4NT directory." );
    System.out.println( e );
    e.printStackTrace();
    }

    try
    {
    // clear recycle bins. Do last to rid stuff we just
    deleted.
    System.out.println();
    System.out
    .println( "clearing standard recycle bin, Norton
    Protected Files must be cleared manually..." );
    deleteDirContents( new File( "c:/Recycler" ), true );
    }
    catch ( Exception e )
    {
    java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().beep();
    System.out.println( "Problem clearing recycle bins." );
    System.out.println( e );
    e.printStackTrace();
    }

    System.out.println();
    System.out.println( "Done" );
    } // end cleanAllGeneva

    /**
    * CUSTOM Script to clean all my drives of junk, as defined by me.
    You would
    * modify this script section to suit your machine and recompile.
    I repeat,
    * you need to extensively modify this for your own use!!
    */
    public static void cleanAllRoedy ()
    {
    String user = "Administrator.ROEDY";

    // define directories I want left untouched. There is no point
    is
    // combing
    // jdk for trash. There won't be any.
    avoidDirs( new String[] {
    "e:\\program files\\java\\jdk1.5.0_06",
    "c:\\winnt\\system32"
    } );

    try
    {
    // Do special clearing first, wiping various temp
    directories of
    // all files and subdirs.
    // None of these methods will remove read-only or system
    files,
    // but they will remove hidden files.

    System.out.println();
    System.out.println( "Clearing temp and cache
    directories..." );
    File allUserDir = new File( "c:/Documents and Settings",
    "all users.winnt" );
    File cProgFiles = new File( "c:/Program Files" );
    File eProgFiles = new File( "e:/Program Files" );
    File userDir = new File( "c:/Documents and Settings", user
    );
    File appData = new File( userDir, "application data" );

    // Some of these directories are hidden, but we can delete
    contents
    // anyway

    // c:
    deleteDirContents( new File( "c:/temp" ), true );
    deleteDirContents( new File( "c:/tmp" ), true );
    deleteDirContents( new File( "c:/vslick/backup" ), true );
    deleteDirContents( new File( "c:/winnt/temp" ), true );
    // c:
    deleteDirContents( new File( "e:/dl/temp" ), true );
    deleteDirContents( new File( "e:/temp" ), true );
    deleteDirContents( new File( "e:/tmp" ), true );
    deleteDirContents( new File( "e:/vslick/backup" ), true );
    // alluser
    deleteDirContents( new File( allUserDir,
    "application data\textbridge\temp" ), true );

    // c program files
    deleteDirContents(
    new File( cProgFiles, "Eudora/Plugins/Esp/temp" ),
    true );
    deleteDirContents( new File( cProgFiles,
    "Labtec/WebCam/temp" ),
    true );
    deleteDirContents(
    new File( cProgFiles,
    "Logitech/desktop
    messenger/8876480/users/administrator/misc/temp" ),
    true );
    // e program files
    deleteDirContents( new File( eProgFiles, "agent/data/temp"
    ), true );
    deleteDirContents( new File( eProgFiles, "decomp/temp" ),
    true );
    deleteDirContents( new File( eProgFiles, "Opera8/cache4"
    ), true );
    deleteDirContents( new File( eProgFiles, "Opera8/download"
    ), true );

    deleteDirContents( new File( eProgFiles, "sr/temp" ), true
    );
    deleteDirContents( new File( eProgFiles,
    "Trillian/users/default/cache" ), true );

    // c appdata
    deleteDirContents( new File( appData,
    "mozilla/firefox/profiles/gt4rcgpi.default/cache" ),
    true );
    deleteDirContents( new File( appData,
    "mozilla/profiles/default/96t8gg0w.slt/cache" ), true
    );
    deleteDirContents( new File( appData,
    "mozilla/profiles/default/96t8gg0w.slt/cache" ), true
    );
    deleteDirContents( new File( appData,
    "netscape/nsb/profiles/ienfrn46.default/cache" ), true
    );
    deleteDirContents( new File( appData,
    "opera/Opera8/mail/cache" ),
    true );
    deleteDirContents(
    new File( appData, "opera/Opera8/profile/cache4" ),
    true );
    deleteDirContents( new File( appData,
    "real/realplayer/temp" ),
    true );
    deleteDirContents( new File( appData, "sr/temp" ), true );
    deleteDirContents(
    new File( appData, "sun/java/deployment/cache" ), true
    );
    deleteDirContents( new File( appData,
    "sun/java/deployment/javaws/cache" ), true );

    // userdir
    deleteDirContents( new File( userDir, "Local
    Settings/Temp" ), true );
    deleteDirContents( new File( userDir,
    "Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files" ), true );

    // we leave subdirs alone, just get rid of files.
    deleteDirContents( new File( userDir, "My Documents" ),
    false ); // unusual,
    // not
    // PadGen
    deleteDirContents( new File( userDir, "recent" ), true );
    }
    catch ( Exception e )
    {
    java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().beep();
    System.out.println( "Problem clearing temp directories."
    );
    System.out.println( e );
    e.printStackTrace();
    }
    try
    {
    // clear junk extensions
    System.out.println();
    File userDir = new File( "c:/Documents and Settings", user
    );
    File appData = new File( userDir, "application data" );

    junk( new String[] {
    "batchrep"
    }, new String[] {
    "html"
    } );
    cleanDir( new File( appData,
    "AI Internet Solutions/CSE HTML Validator/7.0" ), true
    );

    System.out.println( "clearing c:\\ab1\\util of remnants"
    );
    junk( new String[] {
    "temp",
    "temp1",
    "temp2"
    }, new String[] {
    "csm",
    "lst",
    "map",
    "obj"
    } );
    cleanDir( new File( "c:/ab1/util" ), true );

    System.out
    .println( "clearing all drives of temp?.*, *.bak,
    *.tmp, *.temp" );
    // name must be temp, not just begin temp e.g. template.
    junk( new String[] {
    "temp",
    "temp1",
    "temp2"
    }, new String[] {
    "bak",
    "tmp",
    "temp"
    } );
    cleanDrives( new char[] {
    'c',
    'e'
    } );

    System.out.println();
    }
    catch ( Exception e )
    {
    java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().beep();
    System.out.println( "Problem removing junk files from C:
    and E:." );
    System.out.println( e );
    e.printStackTrace();
    }
    try
    {
    // rebuild 4NT quick directory index
    System.out.println();
    System.out.println( "rebuilding 4NT directory..." );
    forNT( "CDD /S CE" );
    }
    catch ( Exception e )
    {
    java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().beep();
    System.out.println( "Problem rebuilding 4NT directory." );
    System.out.println( e );
    e.printStackTrace();
    }

    try
    {
    // clear recycle bins. Do last to rid stuff we just
    deleted.
    System.out.println();
    System.out
    .println( "clearing standard recycle bins, Norton
    Protected Files must be cleared manually..." );
    deleteDirContents( new File( "c:/Recycler" ), true );
    deleteDirContents( new File( "e:/Recycler" ), true );

    }
    catch ( Exception e )
    {
    java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().beep();
    System.out.println( "Problem clearing recycle bins." );
    System.out.println( e );
    e.printStackTrace();
    }

    System.out.println();
    System.out.println( "Done" );
    } // end cleanAllRoedy

    /**
    * Delete junk files in given fully qualified directory, and all
    subdirs.
    * uses currerent definition of junk. Wipes out files matching
    definition of
    * junk, not dirs.
    *
    * @param pDir
    * fully qualified directory. Would normally be some
    existing
    * directory.
    * @param pRecursive
    * true if should also clean subdirs of this dir.
    */
    public static void cleanDir ( File pDir, boolean pRecursive )
    {
    if ( pDir == null ) return;

    // clean out child dirs
    if ( pRecursive )
    {
    // all immediate child subdirs of this dir.
    String[] allDirs = pDir.list( mDirFilter );
    if ( allDirs != null )
    {
    for ( int i = 0; i < allDirs.length; i++ )
    {
    cleanDir( new File( pDir, allDirs[ i ] ), true );
    // just junk files in this dir, not dirs themselves.
    String[] allFiles = pDir.list( mJunkFilter );
    if ( allFiles != null )
    {
    for ( int i = 0; i < allFiles.length; i++ )
    {
    deleteFile( new File( pDir, allFiles[ i ] ) );

    /**
    * get rid of junk files on given list of drives. Uses current
    definition of
    * junk and avoidDirs.
    *
    * @param pDrives
    * array of chars giving drive letters to be procesesed,
    not Strings,
    * no colons. e.g. new char[]{'c','d'}
    */
    public static void cleanDrives ( char[] pDrives )
    {
    // in JDK 1.2 could get list of drives, but we want list to be
    cleaned,
    // which is
    // presumably a subset.
    for ( int i = 0; i < pDrives.length; i++ )
    {
    System.out.println( " drive " + pDrives[ i ] );
    cleanDir( new File( pDrives[ i ] + ":/" ), true );
    } // end for
    } // end cleanDrives

    /**
    * Submit command to NT command processor\ and wait for it to
    complete.
    *
    * @param command
    * @return Process spawned
    * @see #shell
    * @see #exec
    * @see #command
    * @see #cmd
    * @see #forDOS
    * @see #forNT
    */
    public static Process cmd ( String command )
    {
    return exec( invokeCmd + command, true );
    } // end cmd

    /**
    * Submit command to DOS command processor and wait for it to
    complete.
    *
    * @param command *
    * @return Process spawned
    * @see #shell
    * @see #exec
    * @see #command
    * @see #cmd
    * @see #forDOS
    * @see #forNT
    */
    public static Process command ( String command )
    {
    return exec( invokeCommand + command, true );
    } // end command

    /**
    * Get rid of ALL files and subdirectories in given directory, and
    all
    * subdirs under it, not just the junk names and extensions. The
    directory
    * itself is not deleted. Uses the current definition of junk and
    avoidDirs.
    *
    * @param pDir
    * would normally be an existing directory.
    * @param pRecursive
    * true if want subdirs deleted as well
    */
    public static void deleteDirContents ( File pDir, boolean
    pRecursive )
    {
    if ( pDir == null )
    {
    System.err.println( " no such directory" );
    return;
    }

    // We must empty child subdirs contents before can get rid of
    immediate
    // child subdirs
    if ( pRecursive )
    {
    String[] allDirs = pDir.list();
    if ( allDirs != null )
    {

    for ( int i = 0; i < allDirs.length; i++ )
    {
    deleteDirContents( new File( pDir, allDirs[ i ] ),
    true );

    // delete all files and subdirs in this dir
    String[] allFiles = pDir.list();
    if ( allFiles != null )
    {
    for ( int i = 0; i < allFiles.length; i++ )
    {
    deleteFile( new File( pDir, allFiles[ i ] ) );

    } // end deleteDirContents

    /**
    * get rid of this fully qualified file. Display message on
    console about
    * success.
    *
    * @param pFile
    * fully qualified file that we want to delete.
    */
    public static void deleteFile ( File pFile )
    {
    String aFilename = pFile.getAbsolutePath();
    boolean success;
    if ( DEBUGGING )
    {
    success = true;
    }
    else
    {
    success = pFile.delete();
    }
    if ( success )
    {
    System.out.println( " => " + aFilename );
    }
    else
    {
    System.out.println( " ?? " + aFilename );
    }
    } // end deleteFile

    /**
    * Display the fully qualified name of the given directory/file.
    *
    * @param pFile
    * The file or directory to be displayed.
    */
    public static void displayTrueName ( File pFile )
    {
    try
    {
    System.out.println( pFile.getCanonicalPath() );
    }
    catch ( IOException e )
    {
    System.out.println( e );
    }
    } // end displayTrueName

    /**
    * wrapper for Runtime.exec. You will not see the console output
    of the
    * spawned command.
    *
    * @param pCommand
    * fully qualified *.exe or *.com command
    * @param pWait
    * true if you want to wait for this spawned task to
    complete. false
    * if you want it to run in parallel.
    * @return Process object to control the spawned execution.
    * @see #shell
    * @see #exec
    * @see #command
    * @see #cmd
    * @see #forDOS
    * @see #forNT
    */
    public static Process exec ( String pCommand, boolean pWait )
    {
    Process p;
    try
    {
    p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec( pCommand );
    }
    catch ( IOException e )
    {
    return null;
    }

    if ( pWait )
    {
    try
    {
    p.waitFor();
    }
    catch ( InterruptedException e )

    } // end if
    return p;
    } // end exec

    /**
    * Submit command to 4DOS command processor and wait for it to
    complete.
    *
    * @param command
    * shell command to execute
    * @return Process spawned
    * @see #shell
    * @see #exec
    * @see #command
    * @see #cmd
    * @see #forDOS
    * @see #forNT
    */
    public static Process forDOS ( String command )
    {
    return exec( invokeForDOS + command, true );
    } // end forDOS

    /**
    * Submit command to 4NT command processor
    *
    * @param command
    * shell command to execute
    * @return Process spawned
    * @see #shell
    * @see #exec
    * @see #command
    * @see #cmd
    * @see #forDOS
    * @see #forNT
    */
    public static Process forNT ( String command )
    {
    return exec( invokeForNT + command, true );
    } // end forNT

    /**
    * Defines which filenames and extensions are considered junk, to
    be
    * deleted. Stays in effect until you redefine it.
    *
    * @param pJunkFilenames
    * Array of strings defining the unqualified, extensionless
    filenames
    * considered junk. i.e. name.* files will be deleted.
    Strings should
    * be lower case. name*.* will NOT be deleted.
    * @param pJunkExtensions
    * Array of strings defining unqualified, dotless filename
    extensions
    * considered junk. i.e. *.ext files will be deleted.
    Strings should
    * be lower case.
    */
    public static void junk ( String[] pJunkFilenames, String[]
    pJunkExtensions )
    {
    mJunkFilter = new JunkFilter( pJunkFilenames, pJunkExtensions
    );
    }

    /**
    * Standard main, cleans all drives of junk files.
    *
    * @param args
    * not used
    */
    public static void main ( String args[] )
    {
    cleanAllRoedy();
    System.exit( 0 );
    } // end main

    /**
    * Submit command to default shell command processor, and wait for
    it to
    * complete.
    *
    * @param command
    * shell command to execute
    * @return Process spawned
    * @see #shell
    * @see #exec
    * @see #command
    * @see #cmd
    * @see #forDOS
    * @see #forNT
    */
    public static Process shell ( String command )
    {
    return exec( invokeShell + command, true );
    } // end shell

    } // end class Batik

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Dec 6, 2005
  4. Jon Turlington wrote:

    > ...I have seen Time Warner does have a series of these
    > fixes on their site ..

    For IE, or browsers?

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    physci, javasaver, 1point1c, lensescapes - athompson.info/andrew

    Andrew Thompson, Dec 7, 2005