Is localtime() broken?

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Fred Toewe, Jul 19, 2004.

  1. Fred Toewe

    Fred Toewe Guest

    Hey Gurus,

    Was playing the Perl/Tk and happened to try the localtime function. It is
    returning GMT even though I have the ENV variable TZ set to US/Central,
    which applies to my locale. Anyone else have this problem on WINXP?

    I'm running:

    "This is perl, v5.8.4 built for MSWin32-x86-multi-thread

    Copyright 1987-2004, Larry Wall

    Binary build 810 provided by ActiveState Corp. http://www.ActiveState.com
    ActiveState is a division of Sophos.
    Built Jun 1 2004 11:52:21