    readers?

    TIA

    -Karl
    Karl Core, Oct 5, 2004

  2. Karl Core

    jake Guest

    In message <cjuhq4$es7$>, Karl Core
    <> writes
    >All my "trials" for Jaws, Window Eyes, and HPR have expired.
    >Can anyone tell me whether longdesc is actually recognized by screen
    >readers?
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >-Karl

    Yes. In HPR it is.

    It sets up a link called 'image description'.

    http://www.gododdin.demon.co.uk/ng/HPR01Y.JPG (67k)

    regards.
    --
    Jake
    jake, Oct 5, 2004

  3. Edwin van der Vaart, Oct 5, 2004
  4. Karl Core

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Karl Core said:

    > All my "trials" for Jaws, Window Eyes, and HPR have expired.

    steal them from the home of someone who uses them and just for a laugh
    move the furniture around before you leave.

    http://www.juicystudio.com/assistivedeviceschart.asp

    --
    l i t t l e v o i c e s m a k e m e
    brucie, Oct 5, 2004
  5. Karl Core

    Sam Hughes Guest

    Edwin van der Vaart <> wrote in news:WxB8d.167
    $fQ5.144@amstwist00:

    > Karl Core schreef:
    >> All my "trials" for Jaws, Window Eyes, and HPR have expired.

    > Why not finding a crack at http://www.astalavista.com (watch out for
    > pop-up and porn).

    That's illegal.

    Just so you know.

    Some people have respect for the law or the people who worked on those
    programs.
    Sam Hughes, Oct 5, 2004
  6. Sam Hughes schreef:
    > Edwin van der Vaart <> wrote in news:WxB8d.167
    > $fQ5.144@amstwist00:
    >
    >>Karl Core schreef:
    >>
    >>>All my "trials" for Jaws, Window Eyes, and HPR have expired.

    >>Why not finding a crack at http://www.astalavista.com (watch out for
    >>pop-up and porn).

    > That's illegal.

    What's illegal?
    The pop-up, the porn or the cracks :eek:)

    > Just so you know.

    Yeah, I know.

    > Some people have respect for the law or the people who worked on those
    > programs.

    I respect also the programmers and the law.
    Some programs are, sometimes, too expensive to buy. Then I considder to
    use a trail crack. If I really want the program, then I buy the full
    version.
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    Edwin van der Vaart, Oct 5, 2004
  7. Karl Core

    Karl Core Guest

    Karl Core, Oct 6, 2004
  8. Karl Core

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Karl Core said:

    > I love you, Brucie.

    it would mean so much more in person

    --
    l i t t l e v o i c e s m a k e m e
    brucie, Oct 6, 2004
  9. Karl Core

    Neal Guest

    On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 22:44:54 +0200, Edwin van der Vaart
    <> wrote:

    > Some programs are, sometimes, too expensive to buy. Then I considder to
    > use a trail crack. If I really want the program, then I buy the full
    > version.

    Your TV is too expensive for me to buy, so I'll just come take yours. If I
    decide I really like it, I'll return it and pony up the dough to buy my
    own.

    (awaiting the expected argument, prepared)
    Neal, Oct 6, 2004
  10. Neal schreef:
    > On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 22:44:54 +0200, Edwin van der Vaart
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Some programs are, sometimes, too expensive to buy. Then I considder
    >> to use a trail crack. If I really want the program, then I buy the
    >> full version.

    > Your TV is too expensive for me to buy, so I'll just come take yours. If
    > I decide I really like it, I'll return it and pony up the dough to buy
    > my own.

    :-?
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    Edwin van der Vaart, Oct 6, 2004
  11. On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 09:24:44 +0200, Edwin van der Vaart wrote:

    > Neal schreef:
    >> On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 22:44:54 +0200, Edwin van der Vaart
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Some programs are, sometimes, too expensive to buy. Then I considder
    >>> to use a trail crack. If I really want the program, then I buy the
    >>> full version.

    >> Your TV is too expensive for me to buy, so I'll just come take yours. If
    >> I decide I really like it, I'll return it and pony up the dough to buy
    >> my own.

    > :-?

    He's making an (IMO, bad) analogy to physical property. His point,
    however, is a good one: you do not have the privilege of "trying out"
    software at will, regardless of how much to the benefit of the author it
    may end up being. You may especially not break laws (copyright, in this
    case) to "try out" a product, whether that product is a piece of
    software or your television. The only[0] time you're free to "try out" a
    piece of software is when it is specifically offered for trial, and in
    that case once your trial license expires you are no longer permitted to
    use the software.

    Furthermore, the original poster (just to keep this on-topic) *has* used
    his trial licenses for a number of aural user agents, which have expired.
    Suggesting he crack them is pretty sleazy of you. You said that you
    "respect also the programmers and the law", but if you truly did, you
    would ask the developers if you could try out their products, and then
    respect their decisions on the matter, rather than simply helping yourself.

    If you feel this state of affairs is somehow unfair, I encourage you to
    find like-minded individuals and lobby for a change in laws. I don't; I
    feel the current software licensing laws are broken in entirely different
    ways, but "you can't use a product you haven't paid for" is pretty
    intuitively correct in our society.

    [0] Excusing free (as in libre) or free (as in gratis) software from the
    debate, for the moment.

    --
    Some say the Wired doesn't have political borders like the real world,
    but there are far too many nonsense-spouting anarchists or idiots who
    Owen Jacobson, Oct 6, 2004
  12. Karl Core

    Neal Guest

    On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 08:18:43 GMT, Owen Jacobson
    <> wrote:

    > On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 09:24:44 +0200, Edwin van der Vaart wrote:
    >
    >> Neal schreef:
    >>> Your TV is too expensive for me to buy, so I'll just come take yours.
    >>> If
    >>> I decide I really like it, I'll return it and pony up the dough to buy
    >>> my own.

    >> :-?

    > He's making an (IMO, bad) analogy to physical property.

    Agreed, phusical property and intelectual property are fundamentally
    different. The point is, I don't have the right to take your TV. It's to
    be used as you see fit, and if I do use it it must be with your permission.

    You have as much right to crack software as I do to steal your belongings.
    Neal, Oct 6, 2004
  13. Neal schreef:
    > On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 08:18:43 GMT, Owen Jacobson
    > <> wrote:

    >>> :-?

    >> He's making an (IMO, bad) analogy to physical property.

    > Agreed, phusical property and intelectual property are fundamentally
    > different. The point is, I don't have the right to take your TV. It's to
    > be used as you see fit, and if I do use it it must be with your permission.
    >
    > You have as much right to crack software as I do to steal your belongings.

    Oh I see.
    Thanx for enlighten me up.
    --
    Edwin van der Vaart
    Edwin van der Vaart, Oct 6, 2004
  14. Karl Core

    Deryck Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message

    > steal them from the home of someone who uses them and just for a laugh
    > move the furniture around before you leave.

    You kill me Brucie.
    I'm sure thats an old joke but I havent heard it and it fitted in so well
    with the divergent thread about intellectual/physical property theft. Un-PC
    but so amusing I nearly "scent-marked" myself with laughter. This and PHP
    giggly bits in the same day.

    Deryck
    Deryck, Oct 6, 2004