Is MinGW gcc compiler up to date ???

Herhor

I downloaded latest stable MinGW 5.1 but I have have already discovered
that included gcc 3.4.2 is pretty old 2004 version. It is really strange
because current GNU GCC version is 4.2.0!
Is that mean MinGW isn't now upgraded with new GCC compiler versions???
On the other hand such freeware DOS/Windows compiler tool like DJGPP
offers almost up to date gcc 4.1.2.

John Harrison

Herhor said:
I downloaded latest stable MinGW 5.1 but I have have already discovered
that included gcc 3.4.2 is pretty old 2004 version. It is really strange
because current GNU GCC version is 4.2.0!
Is that mean MinGW isn't now upgraded with new GCC compiler versions???
On the other hand such freeware DOS/Windows compiler tool like DJGPP
offers almost up to date gcc 4.1.2.

Suggest you try here

http://www.mingw.org/lists.shtml

Compiler specific questions are off topic on this group.

john