    Kindly Help

    -Sundar

    , Jul 18, 2006

  2. Patrice Guest

    What is the DB ? For example SQL Server has bulk import capabilities. I
    would start by trying to find where the time is spent and by explaining how
    the update is currently done...

    For example instead of reading an input file line by line and perform the
    update by using a SQL statement for each line, you could bulk insert the
    data into a work table and then update the final table using this work table
    by using a single SQL statement... This could be quicker.

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Jul 18, 2006

    Hi Patrice,
    Thanks for your reply. We are using MySQL Database. As you said iam
    exploring bulk import in MySQL...

    -Sundar

    , Jul 19, 2006

    wrote:
    > Hi,

    Hey,

    > Iam working on a ASP page which updates about 10000 datas. So it takes
    > more than 1 hour. So how can we redure the time?

    Improve the algorithm. How fast is it running -- exponential? Reduce
    it to logarithmic or quadratic.

    Use better data structures. Use a dictionary so you can perform
    lookups in linear time, for example, rather than a list that has to
    traverse some number of possible matches each time. That sort of
    thing.

    > Is multithreading
    > possible in ASP?

    Kinda. If you write a COM component in ATL using C++ that supports
    automation, you can do all the parallelization you would want.

    --

    Regards,

    Travis Spencer

    , Aug 4, 2006