    there is no notion of an "event" being notified ...
    whereas the observer-observable pattern is based on event.

    , Feb 26, 2004

  2. Peter Hansen Guest

    wrote:

    > Is the true mvc architecture ( with observer-observable pattern as
    > implemented in JAVA) not applicable for web environment??
    > I mean to say that the HTTP protocol is request/response based so
    > there is no notion of an "event" being notified ...
    > whereas the observer-observable pattern is based on event.

    Google might help you:

    http://www.google.ca/search?q=mvc architecture web

    Peter Hansen, Feb 26, 2004

  3. This caused me a lot of frustation when I moved to a java development
    house. What most people call MVC in relation to web based apps is
    not what the traditional MVC is in the sense of OWL, Fresco, and the
    like. ( I've noticed in the java world that pundits tend to grasp a
    concept, skew it, and promote it.)

    People are actually referring to the common notion of a layered model
    where there's a domain or persistence layer, 'controller' code that
    manages flow of the pages and marshalling and unmarshalling web-form
    data to domain objects, and a 'view' layer that is often the
    templating system or server-pages.

    It works well enough, especially on larger projects, I just wish it
    were called something other than MVC.

    Kevin Dahlhausen, Feb 26, 2004

    (Kevin Dahlhausen) wrote in message news:<>...
    > This caused me a lot of frustation when I moved to a java development
    > house. What most people call MVC in relation to web based apps is
    > not what the traditional MVC is in the sense of OWL, Fresco, and the
    > like. ( I've noticed in the java world that pundits tend to grasp a
    > concept, skew it, and promote it.)
    >
    > People are actually referring to the common notion of a layered model
    > where there's a domain or persistence layer, 'controller' code that
    > manages flow of the pages and marshalling and unmarshalling web-form
    > data to domain objects, and a 'view' layer that is often the
    > templating system or server-pages.
    >
    > It works well enough, especially on larger projects, I just wish it
    > were called something other than MVC.
    >

    > wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Hi
    > > Is the true mvc architecture ( with observer-observable pattern as
    > > implemented in JAVA) not applicable for web environment??
    > > I mean to say that the HTTP protocol is request/response based so
    > > there is no notion of an "event" being notified ...
    > > whereas the observer-observable pattern is based on event.

    Hi
    I want to know wheteher observer-observable pattern is applicable for
    web environment?? I mean to say that the HTTP protocol is
    request/response based so
    there is no notion of an "event" being notified ...
    whereas the observer-observable pattern is based on event.

    , Feb 27, 2004