Is my security cookie timing out?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Paul W, May 7, 2005.

  1. Paul W

    Paul W Guest

    Hi - I have an app that does not use sessions:

    <sessionState mode="Off" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
    sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
    cookieless="true" timeout="600" />

    It does use Forms authentication:

    <authentication mode="Forms" >
    <forms loginUrl="Login.aspx"
    name = "Tenni" path="/"
    protection="Validation" timeout="600" slidingExpiration="true">
    </forms>
    </authentication>

    If a user leaves a session idle for a while (15 mins+) then when they go
    back to it, it will redirect them to Login.aspx. The url for the displayed
    page is then "blah.com\login.asp?RedirectUrl=nextpage.aspx" where
    'nextpage.aspx' is the page they WANTED to move to.

    I am no expert, but this appears to me that my security cookie is timing
    out. I thought my settings in web.config (above) would prevent this.

    In my call to System.Web.Security.FormsAuthentication.SetAuthCookie I have
    tried specifying both a session and non-session cookie - but I get the same
    problem.

    Can someone shed any light, or suggest how I might get more info on what's
    going on?

    The problem only seems to occur on my production server (hosted at
    www.discountasp.net). If I run it hosted on my own development machine, it
    never does this(!).

    Thanks,

    Paul.