Is my site working correctly? Trying to get a census.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by yerk5, Jul 23, 2008.

  1. yerk5

    yerk5 Guest

    This setup uses nested iframes. There is a drilldown search form,
    which has an iframe targeted for its search results. It looked like it
    was working fine to me.

    But the guy hiring me to work on this says when he fills out the form
    and clicks View Results, the results page opens in a new browser
    window for him on both his & his wife's PC's (using both IE & FF).

    But I've tested it on 7 different PC's (with both IE and FF on each)
    and every time, the search results load in the iframe as they should.

    Can I have some people here test and post which experience they get
    from trying it out? I much appreciate it.

    For that matter, can anyone explain why the form results might not
    target the right iframe on his PC (in both IE & FF)? he claims it does
    work in Netscape. But to me, if it loads correctly on any PC, that
    means my iframe targeting is correct. I have no clue why it doesn't
    work right on his machine.

    Anyway, here's the url... if you're willing can you please post if the
    form results loaded in the iframe or new window for you? I want to
    collect some numbers on how many see it correctly. Thanks!

    http://blackburnswheelfinder.com/bbwheel2
    yerk5, Jul 23, 2008

  2. On Jul 23, 2:21 pm, yerk5 <> wrote:
    > This setup uses nested iframes. There is a drilldown search form,
    > which has an iframe targeted for its search results. It looked like it
    > was working fine to me.
    >
    > But the guy hiring me to work on this says when he fills out the form
    > and clicks View Results, the results page opens in a new browser
    > window for him on both his & his wife's PC's (using both IE & FF).
    >
    > But I've tested it on 7 different PC's (with both IE and FF on each)
    > and every time, the search results load in the iframe as they should.
    >
    > Can I have some people here test and post which experience they get
    > from trying it out? I much appreciate it.
    >
    > For that matter, can anyone explain why the form results might not
    > target the right iframe on his PC (in both IE & FF)? he claims it does
    > work in Netscape. But to me, if it loads correctly on any PC, that
    > means my iframe targeting is correct. I have no clue why it doesn't
    > work right on his machine.
    >
    > Anyway, here's the url... if you're willing can you please post if the
    > form results loaded in the iframe or new window for you? I want to
    > collect some numbers on how many see it correctly. Thanks!
    >
    > http://blackburnswheelfinder.com/bbwheel2

    Well it looks like he the thing at the top should be a menu. (Oh, if
    it is a menu, then it doesn't work) The button graphics are amateur
    at best. Did you have them made at one of those "free button" sites?
    After farting around going from screen to screen the "find wheels"
    form stopped working. I choose Acura and nothing happened.

    The logo looks good. I like that. The font you use on the site (the
    bold font) looks stupid. I can see where you were trying to go with
    them, but you missed the mark. I turned off javascript and things
    stopped working. Not that I really care, but you should be informed
    Travis Newbury, Jul 23, 2008

  3. On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 11:21:14 -0700 (PDT), yerk5 <>
    wrote:

    >This setup uses nested iframes. There is a drilldown search form,
    >which has an iframe targeted for its search results. It looked like it
    >was working fine to me.
    >
    >But the guy hiring me to work on this says when he fills out the form
    >and clicks View Results, the results page opens in a new browser
    >window for him on both his & his wife's PC's (using both IE & FF).
    >
    >But I've tested it on 7 different PC's (with both IE and FF on each)
    >and every time, the search results load in the iframe as they should.
    >
    >Can I have some people here test and post which experience they get
    >from trying it out? I much appreciate it.
    >
    >For that matter, can anyone explain why the form results might not
    >target the right iframe on his PC (in both IE & FF)? he claims it does
    >work in Netscape. But to me, if it loads correctly on any PC, that
    >means my iframe targeting is correct. I have no clue why it doesn't
    >work right on his machine.
    >
    >Anyway, here's the url... if you're willing can you please post if the
    >form results loaded in the iframe or new window for you? I want to
    >collect some numbers on how many see it correctly. Thanks!
    >
    >http://blackburnswheelfinder.com/bbwheel2

    I have tried to show a wheel - ok, it goes well , but !!! after
    showing the wheel i noticed a lot of:
    connecting.....
    waiting.....
    downloading...
    it seems that there is an non-ending loop there.
    I stopped SeaMonkey immediately.

    This confirm the following answer:

    In ie7, I get a "stack overflow" j/s error.
    from; Neredbojias
    Raymond SCHMIT, Jul 23, 2008