Is net/https part of ruby's stdlib?

Aaron Patterson

Is net/https part of Ruby's standard library? Can I safely assume that
it is installed when developing a gem for distribution?

It seems to be installed on FC4 with the ruby-libs package, but it
looks like you have to install a special package for ubuntu.

James Edward Gray II

Is net/https part of Ruby's standard library?
Yes.

Can I safely assume that it is installed when developing a gem for
distribution?

Seems likely. I bet RubyGems depends on a standard library or five,
so they should have to resolve any crazy repackaging issues before
they get to downloading your gem.

James Edward Gray II

Aaron Patterson

Seems likely. I bet RubyGems depends on a standard library or five,
so they should have to resolve any crazy repackaging issues before
they get to downloading your gem.

Excellent. Thanks for clearing that up for me!