    As a well developed language's library, could someone tell that if
    net/imap can be used seriously?
    Thanks.

    Magicloud Magiclouds, Sep 15, 2008

  2. Magicloud Magiclouds

    Eric Hodel Guest

    On Sep 14, 2008, at 21:53 PM, Magicloud Magiclouds wrote:

    > I wanted to use ruby to receive my office mail. Well I could not.
    > Because net/imap reported "unexpected token: RPAR".

    Since you didn't give the full output of your program, I'm guessing
    that your IMAP server's response has a "(" character in the wrong spot.

    > I checked out on google, and I found out that many people had this
    > problem, and it is because of
    > net/imap.

    If you can provide your code and debugging output from a session with
    the server that shows this issue maybe somebody can fix it. Even
    better would be a login to the server set up to show this problem.

    > So net/imap is useless to me.

    Without a reliable way to reproduce this problem nobody can help you
    fix it.

    > As a well developed language's library, could someone tell that if
    > net/imap can be used seriously?

    I use net/imap 24 times a day on mailboxes that combined total around
    10,000 messages with the IMAPCleanse gem. I've never had any
    problems. So far I know my tool has been used against dovecot and UW-
    IMAP without problem.

    I consider automatic processing of my email serious business and net/
    imap has not failed me yet.

    Eric Hodel, Sep 20, 2008