Is not a valid virtual path

Guest

Hi all,

today I tried to migrate a website built with framework 1.1 and VS2003 to
framework 2.0 and VS2005.
When I try to build the site using VS2005, I receive this error message (and
the build fails):
'/sitename:8080/' is not a valid virtual path

Notice that:
1) my site has the following address --> http://sitename:8080
2) VS2003 didn't ever generate this error

Thanks for your help, regards

Guest

No, but I found a workaround.
I assigned one more IP address to my web server and I created a new web site
using that address.
In this way it was possible to use the default port (80).

Rgds

richard.hein

After a few hours of trying everything I found the solution:

In the project properties for the web site, under the MSBuild options,
change the Output Folder path, removing the port number.

Cheers,

Richard Hein

Guest

Sorry everyone, turns out that this didn't solve the problem. Somehow the
build settings were changed when I changed the output folder (although I
don't remember touching them), and the website build was disabled, although
another project was still enabled, thus totally deceiving me. I'm still
stuck. I cannot use Federico's workaround, unfortunetely.

If anyone has a solution, please help!

Richard Hein