Is perl a good candidate for Data Mining

Bo Yang

Hi,
I am wondering is perl a good candidate for Data Mining? I intend to
use Perl to analyze tons of data and fetch some useful informatino from
them. Does perl designed for this?
Thanks in advance!

Regards!
Bo

xhoster

Bo Yang said:
Hi,
I am wondering is perl a good candidate for Data Mining?

"Data Mining" covers a multitude of sins. Some are best committed with
Perl, some are not.

Xho

this fact.

benkasminbullock

I am wondering is perl a good candidate for Data Mining? I intend to
use Perl to analyze tons of data and fetch some useful informatino from
them. Does perl designed for this?
Thanks in advance!

Apparently biologists use Perl like this.

still me

Yes, Perl is a good candidate to this type of job. You can use any other
language which know RegExp but perl script is all time source code and you
must not to compile it before running. This is a big advantage in debug time
;-)
Possible other candidates are C (C++), Python, PHP, but PHP is not a good
idea for long run time.

Perl is much better at playing with text strings than the others.