    found. (check that the compiled extension 'C:\Python26\lib\site-
    packages\psyco\_psyco.pyd' is for the correct Python version;
    this is Python 2.6)

    sert, Oct 30, 2008

  2. sert

    Guest

    sert:
    > I used the windows installer for the latest version of psyco,
    > which is labeled as compatible with 2.5, but it gives the
    > following error:
    > ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be
    > found. (check that the compiled extension 'C:\Python26\lib\site-
    > packages\psyco\_psyco.pyd' is for the correct Python version;
    > this is Python 2.6)

    I think you have tried to install something compiled for Python 2.5 on
    Python 2.6, therefore it doesn't work.
    At the moment Psyco isn't available for Python 2.6, you will probably
    have to wait some months (or use Python 2.5+Psyco in the meantime).

    Bye,
    bearophile

    , Oct 30, 2008

  3. wrote:
    > sert:
    >> I used the windows installer for the latest version of psyco,
    >> which is labeled as compatible with 2.5, but it gives the
    >> following error:
    >> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be
    >> found. (check that the compiled extension 'C:\Python26\lib\site-
    >> packages\psyco\_psyco.pyd' is for the correct Python version;
    >> this is Python 2.6)

    > I think you have tried to install something compiled for Python 2.5 on
    > Python 2.6, therefore it doesn't work.
    > At the moment Psyco isn't available for Python 2.6, you will probably
    > have to wait some months (or use Python 2.5+Psyco in the meantime).

    psyco seems to just work on Linux with Python 2.6. So it is probably
    "only" a matter of compiling it on Windows for Python 2.6.

    -- Gerhard

    Gerhard Häring, Oct 30, 2008
  4. On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 17:45:40 +0100
    Gerhard Häring <> wrote:

    > psyco seems to just work on Linux with Python 2.6. So it is probably
    > "only" a matter of compiling it on Windows for Python 2.6.

    Yes. I compiled it using "wp setup.py build --compiler=mingw32" with
    cygwin, where wp was an alias for my windows xp python executable.

    For the OP and other people interested in windows binaries:

    I am in no way connected to or involved in the psyco development
    process -- except that I downloaded and compiled it -- but I have put a
    zip file on line for people who have a lot of trust in me and little
    patience for waiting for the official distribution. Just unpack it and
    put it in your site-packages directory.

    http://members.home.nl/anton.vredegoor/psyco/

    A.

    Anton Vredegoor, Nov 9, 2008
  5. sert

    Fuzzyman Guest

    On Nov 9, 2:18 pm, Anton Vredegoor <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 17:45:40 +0100
    >
    > Gerhard Häring <> wrote:
    > > psyco seems to just work on Linux with Python 2.6. So it is probably
    > > "only" a matter of compiling it on Windows for Python 2.6.

    > Yes. I compiled it using "wp setup.py build --compiler=mingw32" with
    > cygwin, where wp was an alias for my windows xp python executable.
    >
    > For the OP and other people interested in windows binaries:
    >
    > I am in no way connected to or involved in the psyco development
    > process -- except that I downloaded and compiled it -- but I have put a
    > zip file on line for people who have a lot of trust in me and little
    > patience for waiting for the official distribution. Just unpack it and
    > put it in your site-packages directory.
    >
    > http://members.home.nl/anton.vredegoor/psyco/
    >
    > A.

    I've built a Windows installer if anyone is interested:

    http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/modules.shtml

    Michael
    --
    http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/

    Fuzzyman, Nov 9, 2008
  6. sert

    Guest

    Fuzzyman:
    > I've built a Windows installer if anyone is interested:

    Thank you to both.

    Bye,
    bearophile

    , Nov 9, 2008
  7. sert

    Kay Schluehr Guest

    On 9 Nov., 20:44, Fuzzyman <> wrote:
    > On Nov 9, 2:18 pm, Anton Vredegoor <> wrote:
    >

    > > On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 17:45:40 +0100

    > > Gerhard Häring <> wrote:
    > > > psyco seems to just work on Linux with Python 2.6. So it is probably
    > > > "only" a matter of compiling it on Windows for Python 2.6.

    > > Yes. I compiled it using "wp setup.py build --compiler=mingw32" with
    > > cygwin, where wp was an alias for my windows xp python executable.

    > > For the OP and other people interested in windows binaries:

    > > I am in no way connected to or involved in the psyco development
    > > process -- except that I downloaded and compiled it -- but I have put a
    > > zip file on line for people who have a lot of trust in me and little
    > > patience for waiting for the official distribution. Just unpack it and
    > > put it in your site-packages directory.

    > >http://members.home.nl/anton.vredegoor/psyco/

    > > A.

    > I've built a Windows installer if anyone is interested:
    >
    > http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/modules.shtml
    >
    > Michael
    > --http://www.ironpythoninaction.com/

    Thanks. You guys rock!