Is psyco available for python 2.6?

sert

I used the windows installer for the latest version of psyco,
which is labeled as compatible with 2.5, but it gives the
following error:

ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be
found. (check that the compiled extension 'C:\Python26\lib\site-
packages\psyco\_psyco.pyd' is for the correct Python version;
this is Python 2.6)

bearophileHUGS

sert:
I used the windows installer for the latest version of psyco,
which is labeled as compatible with 2.5, but it gives the
following error:
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be
found. (check that the compiled extension 'C:\Python26\lib\site-
packages\psyco\_psyco.pyd' is for the correct Python version;
this is Python 2.6)

I think you have tried to install something compiled for Python 2.5 on
Python 2.6, therefore it doesn't work.
At the moment Psyco isn't available for Python 2.6, you will probably
have to wait some months (or use Python 2.5+Psyco in the meantime).

Bye,
bearophile

Gerhard Häring

sert:

I think you have tried to install something compiled for Python 2.5 on
Python 2.6, therefore it doesn't work.
At the moment Psyco isn't available for Python 2.6, you will probably
have to wait some months (or use Python 2.5+Psyco in the meantime).

psyco seems to just work on Linux with Python 2.6. So it is probably
"only" a matter of compiling it on Windows for Python 2.6.

-- Gerhard

Anton Vredegoor

psyco seems to just work on Linux with Python 2.6. So it is probably
"only" a matter of compiling it on Windows for Python 2.6.

Yes. I compiled it using "wp setup.py build --compiler=mingw32" with
cygwin, where wp was an alias for my windows xp python executable.

For the OP and other people interested in windows binaries:

I am in no way connected to or involved in the psyco development
process -- except that I downloaded and compiled it -- but I have put a
zip file on line for people who have a lot of trust in me and little
patience for waiting for the official distribution. Just unpack it and
put it in your site-packages directory.

http://members.home.nl/anton.vredegoor/psyco/

A.

Fuzzyman

Yes. I compiled it using "wp setup.py build --compiler=mingw32" with
cygwin, where wp was an alias for my windows xp python executable.

For the OP and other people interested in windows binaries:

I am in no way connected to or involved in the psyco development
process -- except that I downloaded and compiled it -- but I have put a
zip file on line for people who have a lot of trust in me and little
patience for waiting for the official distribution. Just unpack it and
put it in your site-packages directory.

http://members.home.nl/anton.vredegoor/psyco/

A.

I've built a Windows installer if anyone is interested:

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/modules.shtml

Michael