Is pyunit still usable?

could ildg

I want to know something about unittest these days,
and since I'm learning python, I want to touch it through
python. But when I found the newest pyunit is even so
old, I wonder if it is still usable for current python version
2.4. Will you please tell me? Thank you.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of unittest?
Can somebody give me a detailed listing?

Kent Johnson

could said:
I want to know something about unittest these days,
and since I'm learning python, I want to touch it through
python. But when I found the newest pyunit is even so
old, I wonder if it is still usable for current python version
2.4. Will you please tell me? Thank you.

unittest is a standard Python module since Python 2.1. It is a version of PyUnit.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of unittest?
Can somebody give me a detailed listing?

Of unittest the module or unit testing the practice?

If you mean the module, you might be interested in these articles comparing unittest, py.test and
doctest:
http://agiletesting.blogspot.com/2005/01/python-unit-testing-part-1-unittest.html
http://agiletesting.blogspot.com/2005/01/python-unit-testing-part-2-doctest.html
http://agiletesting.blogspot.com/2005_01_01_agiletesting_archive.html

If you mean the practice, Google is your friend. Countless books and articles have been written
about unit testing.

Kent

John Roth

PyUnit came with a GUI, which is not part of the
unittest version in the standard library.

I don't know whether the GUI from PyUnit still
works with the version of unittest in the standard
library, but other than that, there is no reason to
maintain the PyUnit branch.

John Roth