    Can I use Response.WriteFile(SomeFilePath) for any size
    file? Will it handle chunking the data back to the client
    or do I have to do it myself?

    Jerry J, Jul 19, 2003

  2. Jerry J

    Alvin Bruney Guest

    writefile will stream out *any size file, but you will obviously run against
    the output stream buffer set at 4k limit (may be wrong on the size limit).
    In addition, you will be grinding your application to a halt trying to
    stream this much info.

    Alvin Bruney, Jul 19, 2003

  3. Jerry J

    Jerry J Guest

    Can you tell me where there is information about the size
    of the stream buffer you think might be 4k? I can't find
    very much information on how Response.WriteFile works.

    Jerry J, Jul 20, 2003