    1) Is this correct that it uses the xmlserializer and not the
    soapformatter
    2) was it always this way, or is this new in .net 2.0?

    cmay, Jun 8, 2006

  2. cmay

    cmay Guest

    Someone has to know the answer to this.

    cmay, Jun 10, 2006

  3. cmay

    Josh Twist Guest

    Hi Cmay,

    ASP.NET WebServices (.asmx) use the XmlSerializer
    (System.Xml.XmlSerialization) to serialize your classes, which are then
    embedded into a soap body.

    WCF (Windows Communication Foundation, formerly 'Indigo') services
    don't use the XmlSerializer by default, but can be configured to do so.

    I think the SoapFormatter you mention is primarily in .NET remoting.

    Josh

    Josh Twist, Jun 11, 2006