    Please let me know if frames are OK to use for serious portal.

    Thank you,
    Les
    les, Jul 31, 2003

  2. Les:

    The only thing Ive come across when using frames (specifically IFRAMES) are
    either
    a) browsers that dont support them (that amount is negligible, so this isnt
    really a worry)
    b) browsers that implement them differently (this IS something to think
    about. Between Netscape and IE, as well as between different versions of
    Netscape).
    c) speed (multiple pages being served per "parent" page request. Caching
    will resolve this nicely.

    For example, I just noticed some odd IFRAME behavior related to the width
    and height attributes for the IFRAME tag between Netscape 7 and 7.1 . Go
    figure.

    If used properly, IFRAMES can really be effective, in my opinion.

    --
    Elliot M. Rodriguez, MCSD
    *** It would take 227 cans of Mountain Dew to kill me***

    "les" <bennettdotdill@no_spamburke.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I just wonder what are the implications to use frames to build portal.

    I've
    > seen some sites that are quite fast with frames but I just wonder if there
    > are hidden "costs".
    > I've tried to use in the past and I run into a lot of problems when I

    worked

    Elliot Rodriguez, Jul 31, 2003