Is soap client proxy that wsdl.exe generates thread safe?

Max2006

Hi,

I have a static reference to a soap proxy at client side and I am concern
about its thread safety. All parts of the application are calling the same
web methods quite often. Is the code that wsdl.exe generates for web service
client thread safe?

Thank you,

Max

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Max,

For the webservice proxy, I think it should be thread-safe as the .NET
generated proxy class is derived from the "SoapHttpClientProtocol" class
which is marked as thread-safe in document:

#SoapHttpClientProtocol Class
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.services.protocols.soaph
ttpclientprotocol(VS.71).aspx

therefore, it should be safe to use it in multi-thread context as long as
you haven't manually add any context-sensitive member in the derived proxy
class. Do you think so?

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

Max2006

Thank you Steven. I thought the same, but I just wanted to confirm. The web
service proxy is pure .net 2.0 generated proxy.