    how do you all keep the old version of java program running while using
    latest JRE?
    no problem on that?

    James, Dec 15, 2004

  2. James

    Chris Smith Guest

    James <> wrote:
    > how do you all keep the old version of java program running while using
    > latest JRE?
    > no problem on that?

    I'm not aware of any problems with this arrangement. However, you
    should obviously run through all of your regression testing before
    deploying.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, Dec 15, 2004

  3. Re: is that ok for the java program that developed using 1.4.2 runon JRE1.5?

    James wrote:
    > how do you all keep the old version of java program running while using
    > latest JRE? no problem on that?

    Depends on the program. Server apps typically have few or no problems, but
    I hear that there are often small differences in how GUI code works,
    which may or may not be problematic.

    Michael Borgwardt, Dec 15, 2004