Is the ASP.NET AJAX Documentation available online?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Nathan Sokalski, Feb 16, 2007.

  1. I have tried downloading and installing the ASP.NET AJAX Documentation from
    http://ajax.asp.net/documentation/default.aspx?tabid=47 but it requires me
    to do the following:

    1. Install SQL Server Express (or SQL Server)
    2. Save the files to a virtual directory in my default website

    I forget what some of the other steps were, but I would prefer not to
    install SQL Server Express just for the sake of documentation, and I would
    prefer not to have extra files/directories in the default website. Also,
    when I tried to install it, I was having trouble creating a virtual
    directory (maybe I was doing something wrong, but I do have Windows XP
    Professional SP2, and am able to use ASP.NET AJAX on it). I would like to
    know if there is anywhere online where we can view the documentation for
    ASP.NET AJAX rather than everybody going to the trouble of installing it on
    their own machine. Is there? If not, then I would like to suggest/request it
    to whoever is in charge of the site. Thanks.
    --
    Nathan Sokalski

    http://www.nathansokalski.com/

    Nathan Sokalski, Feb 16, 2007

  2. in that link that you have you can find 2 buttons:

    "Download the documentation" and "Open the online documentation"

    in your title you said: "Is the ASP.NET AJAX Documentation available
    online?"
    answer is right ther! click "open the online documentation"

    :)

    to have it OFFLINE, then you need all that steps because it's not a HELP
    FILE, it's a hole website and you can find soon you click in that button

    P.S. that button will jump you to http://ajax.asp.net/docs/

    --

    Bruno Alexandre
    Strøby, Danmark

    "a Portuguese in Denmark"

    Bruno Alexandre, Feb 16, 2007

  3. Nathan Sokalski wrote:
    > I have tried downloading and installing the ASP.NET AJAX Documentation from
    > http://ajax.asp.net/documentation/default.aspx?tabid=47 but it requires me
    > to do the following:
    >
    > 1. Install SQL Server Express (or SQL Server)
    > 2. Save the files to a virtual directory in my default website
    >
    > I forget what some of the other steps were, but I would prefer not to
    > install SQL Server Express just for the sake of documentation, and I would
    > prefer not to have extra files/directories in the default website. Also,
    > when I tried to install it, I was having trouble creating a virtual
    > directory (maybe I was doing something wrong, but I do have Windows XP
    > Professional SP2, and am able to use ASP.NET AJAX on it). I would like to
    > know if there is anywhere online where we can view the documentation for
    > ASP.NET AJAX rather than everybody going to the trouble of installing it on
    > their own machine. Is there? If not, then I would like to suggest/request it
    > to whoever is in charge of the site. Thanks.

    nope :) There's only this type of docu

    Michal Sodomka, Feb 16, 2007