    time *.class files for all its libraries but the source files are not
    next to the *.class files. How would one look up the java source?
    , Sep 13, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I was just curious if the java source is available???

    Please fix that sticky '?' key.

    And next time you are 'just curious' you might try
    'just searching' using the words you would otherwise
    waste our bandwidth on. E.G.
    <http://www.google.com/search?q=java+source+available>

    (Note that I cleverly dropped out the first part, and 'is')

    Andrew T.
    Andrew Thompson, Sep 13, 2006

  3. schrieb:
    > I was just curious if the java source is available??? I ask because
    > sometimes I want to look at the source instead of the java API
    > documentation.
    >
    > So far I have tried going into the rt.jar which contains the java run
    > time *.class files for all its libraries but the source files are not
    > next to the *.class files. How would one look up the java source?

    Have a look at src.zip located in the root of the JDK installation
    directory.

    Bye
    Michael
    Michael Rauscher, Sep 13, 2006
  4. wrote:
    > I was just curious if the java source is available??? I ask because
    > sometimes I want to look at the source instead of the java API
    > documentation.
    >
    > So far I have tried going into the rt.jar which contains the java run
    > time *.class files for all its libraries but the source files are not
    > next to the *.class files. How would one look up the java source?

    An archive file with source code of all public classes that you're
    allowed to use is available along with the JDK in a file named src.zip -
    You will not find in it the source code for a lot of Sun specific
    implementatins (which you are't supposed to use in your program anyway)
    - but even these can be downloaded from the Sun website separately.

    BK
    Babu Kalakrishnan, Sep 13, 2006

    Ya sorry about the wasted thread here. I did end up finding the java
    source online with a simple google search.

    ------

    FYI it is only available for java 1.5 or greater.

    p.s. And yes I will get that `?' key fixed.
    , Sep 13, 2006
  6. wrote:
    > FYI it is only available for java 1.5 or greater.

    All my JDK's from 1.2.2 to 1.6 has it.

    (in older versions it is src.jar not src.zip)

    Arne
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Sep 13, 2006