Is there a 3rd party text editor control that is approx as scripable as Word?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by sandal, Oct 15, 2007.

  1. sandal

    sandal Guest

    Does anyone have exposure to a programmable asp.net editor control that
    can approximate basic aspects of Word's programability? I have an
    existing system that utilizes Word and vba to build a customized
    document out of text snippets and then let the user complete the
    editing.

    The kinds of things that I need to be able to do

    - create a doc from a template (starting point)
    - alter header info and logo to match the org creating the doc
    - replace placeholder text with text from database
    - insert values from db into bookmarks
    - allow the user to select and then insert text snippets with formatting
    into the doc. In word, a dialog box opens which presents a list of text
    snippets (each snippet has a title, the title is presented in the list)
    and when the user selects a list item it's data (paragraph(s) or phrase)
    is inserted into the document.
    - save completed doc as pdf
    sandal, Oct 15, 2007

  2. RE: Is there a 3rd party text editor control that is approx as scripab

    Either FreeTextBox or FCKEditor are about as close as you are going to get.
    -- Peter
    Recursion: see Recursion
    site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    Peter Bromberg [C# MVP], Oct 15, 2007