Is there a downside to setting OptionInfer to false

AAaron123

<system.codedom>

<compilers>

<compiler language="vb;vbs;visualbasic;vbscript" extension=".vb" ...snip...

<providerOption name="CompilerVersion" value="v3.5"/>

<providerOption name="OptionInfer" value="true"/>

I read the help about OptionInfer. Sounds to me that the help refers mostly
to Windows projects.

I'd like my code to be as explicit as possible with no more assumptions made
by the compiler than necessary.

So I'd like OptionInfer and OptionStrict and any other options you know of
to be set to catch anything I might let slip by.

However, I'm uncertain about Asp.Net. There is so much happening behind the
scenes that I'm uncomfortable setting these to other than the default
values. In fact the help mentions things like /optionstrict+ rather than
setting it to true. So bottom line:

Is there a downside to setting:

<providerOption name="OptionInfer" value="false"/>

<providerOption name="OptionStrict" value="true"/>

And are there other similar settings you'd recommend?

Thanks

PS

How come c# doesn't have

<providerOption name="OptionInfer" value="true"/>

in web.config