is there a gem command to open up the rdoc for a particular gem inthe default browser at the index p

Greg Hauptmann

Hi,

Is there a gem command to open up the rdoc for a particular gem in the
default browser at the index page??? e.g. something like "gem rdoc
rspec", and this would open up firefox at the index.html page of the
rspec gem API doco....

Tks

Jean-François Trân

2008/11/8 Greg Hauptmann :
Is there a gem command to open up the rdoc for a particular gem in the
default browser at the index page??? e.g. something like "gem rdoc
rspec", and this would open up firefox at the index.html page of the
rspec gem API doco....

look at the 'gem server' command.

-- Jean-Fran=E7ois.

--=20
http://twitter.com/underflow_

Greg Hauptmann

thanks - I was kind of fishing for a lower resource intensive shortcut
to load the index.html page from one's HDD given it's there, without
having to run a web server, however if this doesn't exist then knowing
about gem server is great