    rspec", and this would open up firefox at the index.html page of the
    rspec gem API doco....

    Tks

    Greg Hauptmann, Nov 8, 2008

  2. Re: is there a gem command to open up the rdoc for a particular gemin the default browser at the index page???

    2008/11/8 Greg Hauptmann :

    > Is there a gem command to open up the rdoc for a particular gem in the
    > default browser at the index page??? e.g. something like "gem rdoc
    > rspec", and this would open up firefox at the index.html page of the
    > rspec gem API doco....

    look at the 'gem server' command.

    -- Jean-Fran=E7ois.

    --=20
    http://twitter.com/underflow_

    Jean-François Trân, Nov 8, 2008

  3. Re: is there a gem command to open up the rdoc for a particular gemin the default browser at the index page???

    thanks - I was kind of fishing for a lower resource intensive shortcut
    to load the index.html page from one's HDD given it's there, without
    having to run a web server, however if this doesn't exist then knowing
    about gem server is great

    Greg Hauptmann, Nov 8, 2008