Is there a good open source project that...

David Thielen

Hi;

Can anyone recomend a good open source project that provides the following?
We are trying to create a web community for our customers/users.

1. Bugs & feature requests - users can enter both, see status of them, and
vote for which they would like to see addressed. We would like to be able to
give each user a different number of votes.

2. Support forum. Nothing special, just enter questions & answers.

3. Articles/wiki - We want a place for people to enter everything from small
code samples to a directory of sample templates to our knowledgebase which
includes videos in many cases. This might be several distinct pieces although
if there is a good way to combine it, that would be great.

Does anyone know of a good ASP.NET open source solution that implements the
above? Preferably all as one single app so we don't have multiple logins and
look & feels?

--
thanks - dave
david_at_windward_dot_net

Michael Nemtsev

What about sharepoint? it provides everything u need

if u are using TeamFoundation server sharepoint is included there

Guest

What about sharepoint? it provides everything u need

if u are using TeamFoundation server sharepoint is included there

it's not an open source :) although I agree it might be a solution as
well

David Thielen

I looked at sharepoint but it did not appear to have any of this
functionality. Am I missing something?

--

Michael Nemtsev said:
What about sharepoint? it provides everything u need

if u are using TeamFoundation server sharepoint is included there

--
WBR, Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP].
Blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

David Thielen said:
[...]

Hi David,

look at http://office.microsoft.com and http://www.microsoft.com/sharepoint/

I would recommend you to check WSS at first - Windows SharePoint
Services 3.0, the light-weight version of SharePoint Server. WSS is a
feature of Windows 2003.

Demo: Tour a Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 site
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointtechnology/HA102055631033.aspx?pid=CH101934531033

Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 demo
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointserver/HA101672721033.aspx

Hope this helps