Is there a HTML way to remove the toolbar??? or any other?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Tom Szabo, Nov 13, 2004.

  1. Tom Szabo

    Tom Szabo Guest

    Hi All,

    Just wondering there is any other way to remove the toolbar from the browser
    than using

    " ...toolbar=no ..."

    in the

    window.open(...)

    is there a way to do it after the browser opened? (say some Java script)

    are there any parameters or style like stuff that can be embedded in the
    HTML code and does it when the new page created?

    or is the above method the ONLY way???

    TIA,

    Tom

    Tom Szabo, Nov 13, 2004

  2. Tom Szabo

    Tom Szabo Guest

    "Noozer" <> wrote in message

    > "Tom Szabo" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > Just wondering there is any other way to remove the toolbar from the

    > browser
    > > than using
    > >
    > > " ...toolbar=no ..."
    > >
    > > in the
    > >
    > > window.open(...)

    > No.. and don't try...
    >
    > You have the inside of my browser. Use that. Do NOT go monkeying around

    with
    > the rest of my browser or anything else on my system.

    It is for a web based application and I need to do it. Just looking for
    alternatives to the only way I know sofar...

    Thanks anyway,

    Tom

    Tom Szabo, Nov 13, 2004

  3. Tom Szabo

    Noozer Guest

    Noozer, Nov 13, 2004
  4. Tom Szabo

    Tom Szabo Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > In alt.html Tom Szabo said:
    >
    > > Just wondering there is any other way to remove the toolbar from the

    browser
    > > than using

    > attempting to remove browser functionality will remove visitors.
    >

    > --
    > the facts and opinions expressed by brucies
    > l i t t l e v o i c e s
    > are not necessarily the same as those held by brucie.

    It is not for visitors!!!

    It is for internal use ....

    Tom Szabo, Nov 13, 2004
  5. Tom Szabo

    brucie Guest

    brucie, Nov 13, 2004
  6. Tom Szabo

    brucie Guest

    In alt.html Tom Szabo said:

    > It is for internal use ....

    gee my crystal ball didn't mention that.

    l i t t l e v o i c e s

    brucie, Nov 13, 2004
  7. Tom Szabo

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Tom Szabo wrote:

    > It is not for visitors!!!
    > It is for internal use ....

    Usually it is possible to hide the toolbar using your browser's "View"
    menu.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Nov 13, 2004
  8. Tom Szabo

    Mitja Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 22:42:08 +1000, Tom Szabo <> wrote:

    >> > Just wondering there is any other way to remove the toolbar from the

    > browser
    >> > than using

    I think not, though I never really tried.

    > It is not for visitors!!!
    > It is for internal use ....

    Why isn't the fullscreen funtion of your browser good enogh?

    --
    Mitja

    Mitja, Nov 13, 2004
  9. Tom Szabo

    Tom Szabo Guest

    wrote:

    > > browser

    > I think not, though I never really tried.
    >
    > > It is not for visitors!!!
    > > It is for internal use ....

    > Why isn't the fullscreen funtion of your browser good enogh?

    Because it is not a website this feature needed for. It will work like STD
    Windows type apps....and the only constrainst I have at the moments is that
    I can't submit a form into a new window where I can reconfigure the browser:

    <input
    onclick="window.open('Test.Html',null,'status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=yes,loc
    ation=no');" type="submit" value="Submit" name="B1">

    If I do this, it will open the window as I wish, but will not submit at the
    same time or I can do this:

    <input type="button" value="submit" name="Use_Btn"
    onclick="window.TEST_FORM.submit()">

    this will submit and it I set the target in the form to "_new" I will have a
    new window open, data submitted, but in a browser style.

    this is my problem...:-(

    Tom Szabo, Nov 13, 2004
  10. Tom Szabo

    Steve Pugh Guest

    On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 23:34:14 +1000, "Tom Szabo" <>
    wrote:

    >Because it is not a website this feature needed for. It will work like STD
    >Windows type apps....and the only constrainst I have at the moments is that
    >I can't submit a form into a new window where I can reconfigure the browser:
    >
    ><input
    >onclick="window.open('Test.Html',null,'status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=yes,loc
    >ation=no');" type="submit" value="Submit" name="B1">
    >
    >If I do this, it will open the window as I wish, but will not submit at the
    >same time or I can do this:
    >
    ><input type="button" value="submit" name="Use_Btn"
    >onclick="window.TEST_FORM.submit()">
    >
    >this will submit and it I set the target in the form to "_new" I will have a
    >new window open, data submitted, but in a browser style.

    Just use a normal submit button with no event handlers but open a new
    window via the onsubmit event handler of the form itself and target
    the submission to that window.

    <form target="windowName'"
    onsubmit="window.open(''','windowName','status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=yes,location=no');
    return true;">

    Steve

    Steve Pugh, Nov 13, 2004
  11. Tom Szabo

    Tom Szabo Guest

    > Just use a normal submit button with no event handlers but open a new
    > window via the onsubmit event handler of the form itself and target
    > the submission to that window.
    >
    > <form target="windowName'"

    onsubmit="window.open(''','windowName','status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=yes,lo
    cation=no');
    > return true;">
    >
    > Steve

    Thanks Steve,

    It sound like the solution

    Regards,

    Tom

    Tom Szabo, Nov 13, 2004
  12. Tom Szabo

    Tom Szabo Guest

    > Just use a normal submit button with no event handlers but open a new
    > window via the onsubmit event handler of the form itself and target
    > the submission to that window.
    >
    > <form target="windowName'"

    onsubmit="window.open(''','windowName','status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=yes,lo
    cation=no');
    > return true;">

    Ok I am getting somewhere but still something is missing:

    <form target="windowName1"
    onsubmit="window.open('','windowName1','status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,loc
    ation=no');return true;">
    <input type="text" name="T1" size="20" value="333 334 2342 234">
    <input type="submit" value="Submit" name="B1">
    </form>

    If I do the above, it will open a new window without TOOLBAR etc, and it
    will have all repeat itself in the new window. So this is no go.

    If I do this:

    <form target="windowName1"
    onsubmit="window.open('Target_Form.php','','status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no
    ,location=no');return true;" >
    <input type="text" name="T1" size="20" value="333 334 2342 234">
    <input type="submit" value="Submit" name="B1">
    </form>

    The new window is created as it should be but there is no value coming
    through from the form

    Any more clues?

    Tom Szabo, Nov 13, 2004
  13. Tom Szabo

    Steve Pugh Guest

    On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 02:38:03 +1000, "Tom Szabo" <>
    wrote:

    ><form target="windowName1"
    >onsubmit="window.open('','windowName1','status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,loc
    >ation=no');return true;">
    > <input type="text" name="T1" size="20" value="333 334 2342 234">
    > <input type="submit" value="Submit" name="B1">
    ></form>
    >
    >If I do the above, it will open a new window without TOOLBAR etc, and it
    >will have all repeat itself in the new window. So this is no go.

    Where's the action attribute?

    The form above will submit to itself so of course the current page is
    just repeated in the new window (unless you have the initial form and
    the script to handle its submission in the same PHP page).

    <form action="Target_Form.php" target="windowName1"
    onsubmit="window.open('','windowName1','status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no');return
    true;">

    Perhaps you need to revise the basics of how forms work before
    worrying about silly stuff like new windows?

    Steve

    Steve Pugh, Nov 13, 2004
  14. On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 02:38:03 +1000, Tom Szabo <> wrote:

    [snip]

    > <form target="windowName1"
    > onsubmit="window.open('','windowName1','status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,loc
    > ation=no');return true;">

    Three things:

    1) You've omitted the (required) action attribute. How is the user agent
    supposed to know where to send the data?

    2) The feature string can be reduced to just 'status'. If you specify a
    boolean feature name without a value, it's treated as <feature>=yes. If
    you omit a boolean feature name entirely, it's treated as <feature>=no.

    3) The return statement does nothing. Remove it.

    [snip]

    Mike

    --
    Michael Winter

    Michael Winter, Nov 13, 2004
  15. Tom Szabo

    Tom Szabo Guest

    > Where's the action attribute?
    >
    > The form above will submit to itself so of course the current page is
    > just repeated in the new window (unless you have the initial form and
    > the script to handle its submission in the same PHP page).
    >
    > <form action="Target_Form.php" target="windowName1"

    onsubmit="window.open('','windowName1','status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,loc
    ation=no');return
    > true;">
    >
    > Perhaps you need to revise the basics of how forms work before
    > worrying about silly stuff like new windows?
    >
    > Steve

    Thanks Steve,
    It is working perfectly. ..and yes I will need to get a better grip on
    JavaScript, I am new to it, at least to the extent I am starting to use it
    now.
    Thanks again,

    Tom

    Tom Szabo, Nov 13, 2004
  16. Tom Szabo

    Steve Pugh Guest

    On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 09:13:57 +1000, "Tom Szabo" <>
    wrote:

    >> Perhaps you need to revise the basics of how forms work before
    >> worrying about silly stuff like new windows?
    >>

    >It is working perfectly. ..and yes I will need to get a better grip on
    >JavaScript, I am new to it, at least to the extent I am starting to use it
    >now.

    I wasn't talking about JavaScript. I was talking about the basics of
    HTML forms. The example I gave will work if JavaScript is disabled. It
    will work if the user's browser doesn't support the concept of windows
    (new or otherwise). All the JavaScript does is, if permitted, create
    a toolbarless window. The form submission is still handled in the
    standard way.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh, Nov 14, 2004