Is there a HTML way to remove the toolbar??? or any other?

Tom Szabo

Hi All,

Just wondering there is any other way to remove the toolbar from the browser
than using

" ...toolbar=no ..."

in the

window.open(...)

is there a way to do it after the browser opened? (say some Java script)

are there any parameters or style like stuff that can be embedded in the
HTML code and does it when the new page created?

or is the above method the ONLY way???

TIA,

Tom

Tom Szabo

Noozer said:
No.. and don't try...

You have the inside of my browser. Use that. Do NOT go monkeying around with
the rest of my browser or anything else on my system.

It is for a web based application and I need to do it. Just looking for
alternatives to the only way I know sofar...

Thanks anyway,

Tom

Noozer

Tom Szabo said:
Hi All,

Just wondering there is any other way to remove the toolbar from the browser
than using

" ...toolbar=no ..."

in the

window.open(...)

No.. and don't try...

You have the inside of my browser. Use that. Do NOT go monkeying around with
the rest of my browser or anything else on my system.

Tom Szabo

brucie said:
In alt.html Tom Szabo said:

attempting to remove browser functionality will remove visitors.

It is not for visitors!!!

It is for internal use ....

brucie

In alt.html Tom Szabo said:
Just wondering there is any other way to remove the toolbar from the browser
than using

attempting to remove browser functionality will remove visitors.

Mitja

I think not, though I never really tried.
It is not for visitors!!!
It is for internal use ....
Why isn't the fullscreen funtion of your browser good enogh?

Tom Szabo

Mitja said:
I think not, though I never really tried.

Why isn't the fullscreen funtion of your browser good enogh?

Because it is not a website this feature needed for. It will work like STD
Windows type apps....and the only constrainst I have at the moments is that
I can't submit a form into a new window where I can reconfigure the browser:

<input
onclick="window.open('Test.Html',null,'status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=yes,loc
ation=no');" type="submit" value="Submit" name="B1">

If I do this, it will open the window as I wish, but will not submit at the
same time or I can do this:

<input type="button" value="submit" name="Use_Btn"
onclick="window.TEST_FORM.submit()">

this will submit and it I set the target in the form to "_new" I will have a
new window open, data submitted, but in a browser style.

this is my problem...:-(

Steve Pugh

Because it is not a website this feature needed for. It will work like STD
Windows type apps....and the only constrainst I have at the moments is that
I can't submit a form into a new window where I can reconfigure the browser:

<input
onclick="window.open('Test.Html',null,'status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=yes,loc
ation=no');" type="submit" value="Submit" name="B1">

If I do this, it will open the window as I wish, but will not submit at the
same time or I can do this:

<input type="button" value="submit" name="Use_Btn"
onclick="window.TEST_FORM.submit()">

this will submit and it I set the target in the form to "_new" I will have a
new window open, data submitted, but in a browser style.

Just use a normal submit button with no event handlers but open a new
window via the onsubmit event handler of the form itself and target
the submission to that window.

<form target="windowName'"
onsubmit="window.open(''','windowName','status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=yes,location=no');
return true;">

Steve

Tom Szabo

Just use a normal submit button with no event handlers but open a new
window via the onsubmit event handler of the form itself and target
the submission to that window.

<form target="windowName'"
onsubmit="window.open(''','windowName','status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=yes,lo
cation=no');
return true;">

Steve

Thanks Steve,

It sound like the solution

Regards,

Tom

Tom Szabo

Just use a normal submit button with no event handlers but open a new
window via the onsubmit event handler of the form itself and target
the submission to that window.

<form target="windowName'"
onsubmit="window.open(''','windowName','status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=yes,lo
cation=no');
return true;">

Ok I am getting somewhere but still something is missing:

<form target="windowName1"
onsubmit="window.open('','windowName1','status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,loc
ation=no');return true;">
<input type="text" name="T1" size="20" value="333 334 2342 234">
<input type="submit" value="Submit" name="B1">
</form>

If I do the above, it will open a new window without TOOLBAR etc, and it
will have all repeat itself in the new window. So this is no go.

If I do this:

<form target="windowName1"
onsubmit="window.open('Target_Form.php','','status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no
,location=no');return true;" >
<input type="text" name="T1" size="20" value="333 334 2342 234">
<input type="submit" value="Submit" name="B1">
</form>

The new window is created as it should be but there is no value coming
through from the form

Any more clues?

Steve Pugh

<form target="windowName1"
onsubmit="window.open('','windowName1','status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,loc
ation=no');return true;">
<input type="text" name="T1" size="20" value="333 334 2342 234">
<input type="submit" value="Submit" name="B1">
</form>

If I do the above, it will open a new window without TOOLBAR etc, and it
will have all repeat itself in the new window. So this is no go.

Where's the action attribute?

The form above will submit to itself so of course the current page is
just repeated in the new window (unless you have the initial form and
the script to handle its submission in the same PHP page).

<form action="Target_Form.php" target="windowName1"
onsubmit="window.open('','windowName1','status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no');return
true;">

Perhaps you need to revise the basics of how forms work before
worrying about silly stuff like new windows?

Steve

Michael Winter

[snip]
<form target="windowName1"
onsubmit="window.open('','windowName1','status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,loc
ation=no');return true;">

Three things:

1) You've omitted the (required) action attribute. How is the user agent
supposed to know where to send the data?

2) The feature string can be reduced to just 'status'. If you specify a
boolean feature name without a value, it's treated as <feature>=yes. If
you omit a boolean feature name entirely, it's treated as <feature>=no.

3) The return statement does nothing. Remove it.

[snip]

Mike

Tom Szabo

Where's the action attribute?

The form above will submit to itself so of course the current page is
just repeated in the new window (unless you have the initial form and
the script to handle its submission in the same PHP page).

<form action="Target_Form.php" target="windowName1"
onsubmit="window.open('','windowName1','status=yes,toolbar=no,menubar=no,loc
ation=no');return
true;">

Perhaps you need to revise the basics of how forms work before
worrying about silly stuff like new windows?

Steve

Thanks Steve,
It is working perfectly. ..and yes I will need to get a better grip on
JavaScript, I am new to it, at least to the extent I am starting to use it
now.
Thanks again,

Tom

Steve Pugh

It is working perfectly. ..and yes I will need to get a better grip on
JavaScript, I am new to it, at least to the extent I am starting to use it
now.

I wasn't talking about JavaScript. I was talking about the basics of
HTML forms. The example I gave will work if JavaScript is disabled. It
will work if the user's browser doesn't support the concept of windows
(new or otherwise). All the JavaScript does is, if permitted, create
a toolbarless window. The form submission is still handled in the
standard way.

Steve