    Or does it depend on the Browser?

    I wonder why the SlideShowExtender would be different than the img element?

    Thanks

    AAaron123, Aug 7, 2009

  2. "AAaron123" <> wrote in
    news:#:

    > I just noticed that with the AJAX SlideShowExtender it appears that
    > .tif files are not displayed.
    >
    > They are displayed with the img element.
    >
    > Is there a list of drawing file extensions that can be displayed by
    > img and the SlideShowExtender.
    >
    > Or does it depend on the Browser?
    >
    > I wonder why the SlideShowExtender would be different than the img
    > element?

    In general, ping, gif and jpeg will work in web applications, which
    includes any extenders, containers, et al, on a page. This is browser
    issue, so really old browsers might not support ping. I think IE will
    also display bmp.

    If you need to display other types, you will have to wrap the picture in
    some type of executable (flash, ActiveX, java, Silverlight). Not sure
    all of those will work, but that is the general direction you have to
    head.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Twitter: @gbworld

    | Think outside the box! |

    Gregory A. Beamer, Aug 7, 2009

  3. AAaron123

    AAaron123 Guest

    Gregory A. Beamer wrote:
    > "AAaron123" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I just noticed that with the AJAX SlideShowExtender it appears that
    >> .tif files are not displayed.
    >>
    >> They are displayed with the img element.
    >>
    >> Is there a list of drawing file extensions that can be displayed by
    >> img and the SlideShowExtender.
    >>
    >> Or does it depend on the Browser?
    >>
    >> I wonder why the SlideShowExtender would be different than the img
    >> element?
    >>

    > In general, ping, gif and jpeg will work in web applications, which
    > includes any extenders, containers, et al, on a page. This is browser
    > issue, so really old browsers might not support ping. I think IE will
    > also display bmp.
    >
    > If you need to display other types, you will have to wrap the picture
    > in some type of executable (flash, ActiveX, java, Silverlight). Not
    > sure all of those will work, but that is the general direction you
    > have to head.

    >> Think outside the box! |

    Thank you

    AAaron123, Aug 7, 2009
  4. "AAaron123" <> wrote in news:e1Wda55FKHA.4316
    @TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl:

    > Thank you

    Glad I could help.

    --