  1. ithinc

    ithinc Guest

    Is there a method to send gmail through a xmlhttprequest?

    ithinc, Apr 15, 2008

  2. ithinc

    Evertjan. Guest

    ithinc wrote on 15 apr 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:

    > Is there a method to send gmail through a xmlhttprequest?

    Gmail is an interactive website with email/webmile facilities.

    No, you cannot sent the whole interactive website with xmlhttprequest,
    as you cannot send a cow as an email attachment.

    But probably you knew all that and need only to refrase your Q
    to what you really want to do?

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Apr 15, 2008

  3. ithinc wrote:
    > Is there a method to send gmail through a xmlhttprequest?

    Probably yes. You can log the request-response chain and corresponding
    headers required to send e-mail through GMail (including the authentication
    process), and program those requests with XHR. Since Cross-Site Scripting
    is not possible with XHR, you need an additional (server-side) application
    to serve as a HTTP proxy for your requests.

    PointedEars
    --
    realism: HTML 4.01 Strict
    evangelism: XHTML 1.0 Strict

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Apr 16, 2008
  4. ithinc

    ithinc Guest

    On Apr 16, 1:50 am, "Evertjan." <> wrote:
    > > Is there a method to send gmail through a xmlhttprequest?

    > Gmail is an interactive website with email/webmile facilities.
    >
    > No, you cannot sent the whole interactive website with xmlhttprequest,
    > as you cannot send a cow as an email attachment.

    Hi Evertjan, havn't you seen my gmail is different with yours, but in
    lower case?

    On Apr 16, 8:47 am, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn <>
    wrote:
    > > Is there a method to send gmail through a xmlhttprequest?

    > Probably yes. You can log the request-response chain and corresponding
    > headers required to send e-mail through GMail (including the authentication
    > process), and program those requests with XHR. Since Cross-Site Scripting
    > is not possible with XHR, you need an additional (server-side) application
    > to serve as a HTTP proxy for your requests.

    Thank you, PointedEars. I've got it, using the Gmail basic HTML pages.
    In total I use two http requests, one to get the compose form, and the
    other to send the compose form, perfectly. It's not as complicated as
    you described.

    ithinc, Apr 18, 2008
  5. ithinc wrote:
    > Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn [...] wrote:
    >>> Is there a method to send gmail through a xmlhttprequest?

    >> Probably yes. You can log the request-response chain and corresponding
    >> headers required to send e-mail through GMail (including the authentication
    >> process), and program those requests with XHR. Since Cross-Site Scripting
    >> is not possible with XHR, you need an additional (server-side) application
    >> to serve as a HTTP proxy for your requests.

    > Thank you, PointedEars. I've got it, using the Gmail basic HTML pages.
    > In total I use two http requests, one to get the compose form, and the
    > other to send the compose form, perfectly. It's not as complicated as
    > you described.

    Since I don't use GMail (I prefer to use Web interfaces to other Internet
    services only when I have to), I did not know how they submit their data, so
    I provided you with the general approach for remote-controlling any Web
    application. Good for you if you found an easier solution with this one :)

    BTW: NetNews is a thread-based communications medium, unlike Web forums that
    you might already know. The optimal way of replying in Usenet is to refer
    only to the posting's precursor. At least you should not quote postings in
    a different subthread as you did here.

    PointedEars

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, Apr 18, 2008