Is there a open souce IDE writen by C( C++) or partly writen by C(C++)?

zaley

My project need a simple scripts debugger . I hope I can find
something instructive

Stefan Behnel $B<LF;!'(B

Preston Landers

Is there a open souce IDE writen by C( C++) or partly writen by C( C+
+)?

Eclipse is a good open source IDE for many languages including C/C++
and Python. It includes an interactive debugger.

I believe most of it is written in Java, but I'm not sure why that
would matter.

http://www.eclipse.org/

Lie

But PyScripter is not a open source project

Am I correct to say that the reason why you wanted an open source C++
IDE is because you wanted the freedom to modify your own programming
environment?

Ricardo Aráoz

Lie said:
Am I correct to say that the reason why you wanted an open source C++
IDE is because you wanted the freedom to modify your own programming
environment?
From the "About" window in PyScripter :
"""
A freeware, open source Python scripter integrated
development environment created with the ambition to bring to
the Python community the quality and functionality available in
commercial IDEs available for other languages.
"""

So I think we could say PyScripter IS an open source project.

zaley

"""
A freeware, open source Python scripter integrated
development environment created with the ambition to bring to
the Python community the quality and functionality available in
commercial IDEs available for other languages.
"""

So I think we could say PyScripter IS an open source project.- Hide quoted text -

Really, what I want to do is that scripts can be executed step by
step .
I know By "Py_Runstring" clauses in main function can executed by
step .
But I can't know how to step into a function and how to step in a
function.
So I hope I can find something helpful in open source IDE for python.

Lie

Really, what I want to do is that scripts can be executed step by
step .
I know By "Py_Runstring"  clauses  in main function can executed by
step .
But I can't know how to step into a function and how to step in a
function.
So I hope I can find something helpful in open source IDE for python.

IDLE (and all IDE's I know) can run programs step-by-step. In IDLE,
you've got to open the debug dialog (Debug -> Debugger). After opening
the debug dialog, you run your programs like normal and your program
execution would be halted on the first command until you navigate
yourself through the debug dialog. The debug dialog has a few buttons:
Go, Step, Over, Out, Quit. Go means your program would run until it
met a breakpoint[1], Step means your program would execute the next
instruction, Over means your program would execute until the next
instruction in the same level (you'll see what I meant after you
played around it for a while), Out means your program would execute
until it goes out of the current level, and Quit is like giving a
KeyboardInterrupt (it stops program execution)

[1] Set a breakpoint by right-clicking on a code line then select set
breakpoint.

Ricardo Aráoz

zaley said:
Really, what I want to do is that scripts can be executed step by
step .
I know By "Py_Runstring" clauses in main function can executed by
step .
But I can't know how to step into a function and how to step in a
function.
So I hope I can find something helpful in open source IDE for python.

Exactly so. PyScripter does it easy, besides you can have in different
tabs all the modules of your application. You just hit the run button
and your program runs, you hit the debug button and you start going step
by step. It's free, easy to install, just give it a try and if you don't
like it just trash it.

zaley

Exactly so. PyScripter does it easy, besides you can have in different
tabs all the modules of your application. You just hit the run button
and your program runs, you hit the debug button and you start going step
by step. It's free, easy to install, just give it a try and if you don't
like it just trash it.

I just want to know how to do it!!

zaley

Exactly so. PyScripter does it easy, besides you can have in different
tabs all the modules of your application. You just hit the run button
and your program runs, you hit the debug button and you start going step
by step. It's free, easy to install, just give it a try and if you don't
like it just trash it.

I just want to know how to realize it in my program !!

zaley

Ok, I hope I'm not misunderstanding you.
You go tohttp://www.mmm-experts.com/Downloads.aspx
and you download PyScripter (windows installer). Then you run the
downloaded file (that would be PyScripter-setup.exe) and that will
install PyScripter in your machine. You run PyScripter, click the "open"
button or menu File/Open... and choose the program you want to debug.
It will be opened in an edit window in your PyScripter main window.
Then you click on "Step into subroutine" button or just press <F7> and
you'll be in the first line of your program. From then on you keep
clicking "Step into subroutine" (<F7>) or "Step over next function call"
(<F8>) or "Step out of the current subroutine" or "Run to cursor" as you
see fit. You can add breakpoints just by clicking to the left of the
line numbers or the appropriate button. You can watch what's going on in
your program in the lower partition of your main window where you have a
"Call Stack" tab and also "Variables", "Watches", "Breakpoints",
"Output" and "Messages" tabs.

HTH

Hehe. You misunderstand me really. I know what you say
I just want to know how to realize it using C language or other
language.
I need such source code to study

Ricardo Aráoz

zaley said:
[...]

From then on you are on your own.

HTH

Ricardo Ar¨¢oz

zaley said:

Hehe. You misunderstand me really. I know what you say
I just want to know how to realize it using C language or other
language.
I need such source code to study

Ooops! Sorry. My fault.

zaley

Ooops! Sorry. My fault.

OK. I have found PyScripter's source code in "http://
pyscripter.googlecode.com/svn/trunk" by svn.
Although It is writen with delphi,I think I can greatly profit from
it.
Thinks a lot