Is there a package with convolution and related methods?

Charles Krug

Is there a Python package with Convolution and related methods?

I'm working on modeling some DSP processes in Python. I've rolled one
up, but don't feel much like reinventing the wheel, especially if
there's already something like "Insanely Efficient FFT for Python"
already.

Thanks

Charles

David M. Cooke

Charles Krug said:

Is there a Python package with Convolution and related methods?

I'm working on modeling some DSP processes in Python. I've rolled one
up, but don't feel much like reinventing the wheel, especially if
there's already something like "Insanely Efficient FFT for Python"
already.

Thanks

You most certainly want to look at the numerical python packages
Numeric and numarray (http://numeric.scipy.org/) for array
manipulations, and scipy (http://scipy.org) has wraps for FFTW (Fast
Fourier Transform in the West).

Miki Tebeka

Hello Charles,
Is there a Python package with Convolution and related methods?

I'm working on modeling some DSP processes in Python. I've rolled one
up, but don't feel much like reinventing the wheel, especially if
there's already something like "Insanely Efficient FFT for Python"
already.
Have you looked at NumArray (http://www.stsci.edu/resources/software_hardware/numarray)
and SciPy (http://www.scipy.org/)?

I also think that gmp (http://www.swox.com/gmp/) which has Python binding
(http://gmpy.sourceforge.net/) has FFT.

HTH.
Miki Tebeka <[email protected]>
http://tebeka.bizhat.com
The only difference between children and adults is the price of the toys