Is there a portable way to retrieve the local host subnet mask?

Pierre Rouleau

Hi all,

socket.gethostbyname_ex(socket.gethostname()) will return the list of IP
addresses on a the local host. I did not find any function that can be
used to get the subnet mask and default gateway.

Under Win32, the Win32 IP helper API provides a GetIpAddrTable()
function that returns information that contain the subnet mask, but
that's Win32 level, and is not portable. Is there something available
in the Python library for that purpose?

Thanks

Pierre