is there a posh Win32 binary? or, compiling with MS 2005 Express...

Ray Schumacher

Is there a posh Win32 binary?
Or better, has anyone successfully compiled modules for Python 2.4
with the newest "free" tools? Do I need to move to 2.5?

I could not get it to compile with my (apparently incomplete) MS C++
7.1 install (which did, however, work for weave/blitz, before).
The 7.1 compiler with the 1.1SDK is no longer available, so I can't
repair the install.
I went through the motions of compiling yesterday with the new MS
Express Toolkit on another machine and failed. Distutils keeps saying
that the SDK for 7.1 is not installed.

Ray