Is there a quick & accurate way to test a python install?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gene Heskett, Dec 16, 2012.

  1. Gene Heskett

    Gene Heskett Guest

    Greetings;

    I had an app that is a heavy user of python crash on exit earlier today,
    and ever since, the app complains it can't find something in the python
    tree, and eventually the app exits.

    The leading few lines of the dmesg report are:

    Starting LinuxCNC...
    redis server started as: 'redis-server ', logging to: /dev/null
    (time=1355621147.276382,pid=5133): Registering server on TCP port 5005.
    (time=1355621147.276602,pid=5133): running server for TCP port 5005
    (connection_socket = 3).
    io started
    iocontrol: machine: 'my-lathe' version 'unknown'
    halcmd loadusr io started
    task pid=5195
    task: machine: 'my-lathe' version 'unknown'
    emcTaskOnce: Python plugin configuredemcTaskOnce: extract(task_instance):
    KeyError: ('task',)

    emcTaskOnce: no Python Task() instance available, using default iocontrol-
    based task methods
    waiting for s.axes
    waiting for s.axes
    waiting for s.axes
    waiting for s.axes
    waiting for s.axes
    waiting for s.axes
    waiting for s.axes
    waiting for s.axes
    waiting for s.axes
    A configuration error is preventing LinuxCNC from starting.

    Then it throws several stanza's of unload messages, culmination in a
    SEGMENTATION FAULT.

    How can I check & see if my python install if alive?

    Thanks.

    Cheers, Gene
    -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
    Restaurant package, not for resale.
    I was taught to respect my elders, but its getting
    harder and harder to find any...
    Gene Heskett, Dec 16, 2012