Is there a quick way....

Bigus

... you know when you have a HTML form with a load of fields on it where the
user enters various details. The user doesn't fill in a mandatory field or
enters something in an incorrect format, so you want to return the form to
them as they filled it out but with a suitable message telling them where
they went wrong?

Is there a quick way to do that? At the moment I have a HTML template with
subsitution codes in the value parts of each form element, and to feed it
back to the user I perform a load of s///; regexps to re-populate the
fields.. is there a module that does thi automatically?

Thanks
Bigus

John J. Trammell

. you know when you have a HTML form with a load of fields on it where the
user enters various details. The user doesn't fill in a mandatory field or
enters something in an incorrect format, so you want to return the form to
them as they filled it out but with a suitable message telling them where
they went wrong?

Is there a quick way to do that? At the moment I have a HTML template with
subsitution codes in the value parts of each form element, and to feed it
back to the user I perform a load of s///; regexps to re-populate the
fields.. is there a module that does thi automatically?

HTML::FillInForm