Is there a standard way to change file permissions?

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Gavin Deane, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Gavin Deane

    Gavin Deane Guest

    Hello C people.
    I couldn't find this in the FAQ, so ...

    The remove function returns non-zero if it fails. My compiler
    documentation also says that if remove failed because the file is
    read-only, errno is set to EACCESS.

    Question 1
    Is that value and meaning of errno standard?

    Question 2
    If so, is there a standard way of changing the file's permissions so
    it is not read only and I can remove it? I suspect not but I'd like to
    be sure.

    TIA
    GJD

    Gavin Deane, Aug 21, 2003